lockerman 22

BMW E60 530D smoking

14 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, My beemer started smoking about 4 - 5 weeks ago and took it to my local indy who said it was more than likely guide valve seal, so I purchased 2 tubes of Forte seal conditioner been in the car for about 250 to 300 mile now and if anything my problem is getting worse.
here is a could of videos

The first video shows the car on idle after a run and then I give it a press on the throttle and you can see excessive smoke with can also appear whilst idling in traffic, it seems to get less once the car as been drive for about 10 mile.

This second video is me taking the oil filler cap off whilst idling which may shed some light for those in the know

I would appreciate any info of what you all think could be the cause, just got back from my indy and as now said may be the turbo or worse

Thank you

Hopefully this is just the engine breather system and the parts you've ordered fix the issue. As it is white smoke which could indicate low cylinder compression so there is unburned fuel coming through the exhaust. 

I removed the innards from my crank case breather completely. On advice of a senior tech at local dealership. Said they are nothing but hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not convinced this is crankcase however. Seems excessive.

You had swirl flaps removed ( if you have them) ?

DPF still in place? Regens ok if not? any faults up?

Now changed crankcase breather and air filter at the same time and car is running smooth as it should and no smoke.

Thank you for everyone's assistance with this greatly appreciated :-D

GoNz0 likes this