Dinnis

Intravee not finding iPod?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, glad to have joined up!

got the kit and fitted after reading many of the post here and else where. The kits working great, doing everything except play the dam iPod lol

its charging it, waking it but always says "no iPod" I've double checked everything, even plugged the cables in both ways as some say it's can make a difference?

nothings working, hesitate to say the cables done in because it's charging it, some times it's in full charging screen others it will play away to its self while charging. 

Mall other functions are working fine tho.

cars an E46 M3 (2004)

any help welcone cos I'm stuck lol

john

If you get 'No iPod' and the iPod charges then you must have a moded KCA-420i.

I've seen a couple of iPods that just don't work when using the dock connector.  It's not just the KCA-420i, the iPods must have some connector or internal fault that stops them working.  So, first have a good look in the dock connector on the iPod and the connector on the KCA-420i cable, if they are free of dirt and look ok the next thing to try is another iPod.

Thanks mate, all the cables look fine, I've got an iPod classic  so it should work ok an it's fine with all my other stuff but still to get my brothers iPod off him lol

Edited by Dinnis

One or two iPods just don't work for no apparent reason. I've come across maybe 5 or 6, they look fine and work in all other respects,  they are just not recognised by the KCA-420i.