Tam

530d no power till after 3500rpm help

9 posts in this topic

Hi all am looking to see if anyone has had this issue witch is my car has no power in it till over 3500rpm then goes like stink any pointers welcome cheers

P.s the car is a e60 53 plate 530d auto with 120.000 and had new turbo before a bought  it cheers

Screenshot_2017-09-05-15-03-21.png

Edited by Tam
Wrong info

5 minutes ago, dj1233 said:

is this in any gear & any speed?

Yes any gear any speed no power boost till 3500rpm then she goes bud 

I don;t know a lot about the 530D but i think they are twin turbo, might be the smaller turbo that's not working. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than i will be able to confirm

Have you checked for fault codes?. If like me you are not a diy car fixer then do yourself a favour find a good indy. Its a long road to go down with these cars.

had this twice with my 535...was boost hose both times,the smallest of holes,unseen by eye will cause this...mine was super slow before 2500-3000 

Tam likes this

Can be lots of things but I'll bet it's just a boost hose,very cheap easy fix..530d is single turbo..think it's the vacuum a hole causes that's makes the car very slow before boost kicks in...I'll assume the pressure is to much once the engine is high Reving

Tam likes this

2 hours ago, Steve AD said:

Can be lots of things but I'll bet it's just a boost hose,very cheap easy fix..530d is single turbo..think it's the vacuum a hole causes that's makes the car very slow before boost kicks in...I'll assume the pressure is to much once the engine is high Reving

Yes really slow till 3500rpm then takes off pulls really hard for the last 1500rpm till 5000rpm 

Edited by Tam
Wrong info