Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
530nm

Temporary day insurance

5 posts in this topic

A friend has kindly let me borrow his car.  I've been looking online for temporary car insurance, tried 4-5 different websites and they are coming back with 'insurers are unable to provide cover at this time.  This could be based on a number of factors'...

Any other suggestions where I can look?

Edited by 530nm

A friend has kindly let me borrow his BMW 640d (MY2015).  I've been looking online for temporary car insurance, tried 4-5 different websites and they are coming back with 'insurers are unable to provide cover at this time.  This could be based on a number of factors'...

I'm over 30, and the fact that it's pretty much every website thats refusing to quote is frustrating...  Any other suggestions where I can look?

My broker does temp insurance for up to 30 days. No vested interest. Best to phone.

Sky insurance: 03303331251

27 minutes ago, NuckingFuts said:

My broker does temp insurance for up to 30 days. No vested interest. Best to phone.

Sky insurance: 03303331251

Thanks NuckingFuts.  I will give them a phone and see what they say.

You will probably be best to get your mate to add you as a temp driver on his policy.

Although I was able to add a another car (520d) that a Dealer gave me when my first E60 got stolen from same dealer with only a minimal fee of about £15/week.

That was Admiral who were and still are terrific to deal with.

I managed to do exactly this. Call Adrian Flux.