mumbojumbo

BMW Classic shop online -> Whens it reopening?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone have any intel on this? Need to tie some part numbers to diagrams but the sites been down for maintenance for ages. Finding it tricky to do on REALOEM

Try this site as a stop gap with the last 7 numbers of your VIN, or search it manually :  http://www.bmminiparts.com/

This company don't do much parts wise now, as BMW dealers can't supply them anymore apparently.

mumbojumbo likes this

3 minutes ago, dan101smith said:

I emailed the Classic Shop with that exact question. Their answer is that they don't know!

Keep me posted if you hear anything. 

I've emailed them too, no answer!  You can't even ring them as the number is a free phone number in Germany which you can't call from the UK.  I was told to try ringing customer services in Munich on 0049 89 125 016000 and they might be able to put you through.

It was "open" a few days back, but its a load of old wank now. I would just go down to your local dealer.

Hows it possible that a "Major" manufacturer can screw up something so badly?

It's not quite that simple.  Many parts you can get from BMW Classic can't be ordered by a dealer!  Well, I guess they could be if the dealer went to BMW Classic, but they can't just enter the part number into their system and order it.  The converse is also true, some parts listed as NLA by BMW Classic can be ordered through a dealership.

It was briefly available since it first went down "for maintenenance", at which point the list of parts available to order had reduced to about a third - all the nuts, bolts, washers, hose clips etc had disappeared, as had some whole groups - it didn't list any exhaust parts, for example.

Hopefully they're fixing that.

11 hours ago, RichardP said:

It's not quite that simple.  Many parts you can get from BMW Classic can't be ordered by a dealer!  Well, I guess they could be if the dealer went to BMW Classic, but they can't just enter the part number into their system and order it.  The converse is also true, some parts listed as NLA by BMW Classic can be ordered through a dealership.

I have always just taken a screen print from realoem, highlighted the parts I want for my E28 and Type 114 and pass it to the parts guy. I have never had any problem getting parts.

I have used shop.bmw-classic.de in the past for certain parts when they have been cheaper than the dealer.

On the subject of the new "shop" they seemed to have lost the VIN decoder as well as the plot.

mumbojumbo likes this