Sir Anthony Regents-Park

1994(L) 520i Auto £1250 ovno NEW MOT

20 posts in this topic

Here for sale is a very clean and tidy E34 520i Auto, 1994 on the L and the M50TU single vanos engine.

Orient blue with anthracite cloth trim. Factory air con that works, electric sunroof, usual 4x electric windows.

IT'S NOT RUSTY! Unsually for an E34, it's not rusty and hasn't had any welding. Rear sills, arches, front crossmember, bootlid, door bottoms, front wings - all perfect.

Interior very tidy without the typical slaughtered drivers seat.

Starts on the button and sounds like an M50 should, 5 speed autobox does it's thing. Good exhaust and the metal brake pipes all appear to have been changed at some point. The steel fuel pipe that runs around the rear of the fuel tank has been replaced.

NO 55 mph SHIMMY! Hard to believe but it just doesn't. It's just had new front dampers (shock absorbers) and the rest of it is remarkably good - it's clearly been garaged because the underside and suspension doesn't resemble the Titanic. It just drives as an E34 should, but so few actually do. It's also had an oil change and new rear anti roll bar drop links. Front tyres have done around 1000 miles, rears (Nexens I think) are like new as well, new rear pads just fitted.

It was subject to an insurance claim recently; it needed two doors and a wing and these have just been replaced; a brand new wing and two perfect rust free doors, paibnted and fitted. No other damage and it's a spot on repair job. Even the rubber seal strips on the base of the doors were new.

Overall, it's not the most exciting E34, but it's not 5 grand either and it's a straight, tidy old bus and everything works. Perfect to smoke around in as is, or to reshell some terminally shagged M5. When I say 'it's not rusty', I mean just that. Currently taxed and on the road, the MOT expires in November. If I get very close to the asking price I will MOT it for a year and may well end up doing that anyway. I will add more pics as and when.

IMG_9172.jpg

IMG_9173.jpg

Edited by Sir Anthony Regents-Park
Hairyarse, Piper and GStarrr like this

The m50 is a lovely motor. My dad had a k plate 320i coupe back in the day. Single vanos I think? I loved that car, the way it came on cam and flew (to me at the time) and had a great snarl.

This looks a tidy car and will do some one proud I'm sure. GLWTS Andy.

3 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

The m50 is a lovely motor. My dad had a k plate 320i coupe back in the day. Single vanos I think? I loved that car, the way it came on cam and flew (to me at the time) and had a great snarl.

I had a K reg 320i saloon, non-vanos. Awesome that engine, just begged to be red-lined and always brought a smile to your face when you did. And being the 320 rather than the 325, you weren't doing licence-losing speeds either.

To the OP, nice car, good luck !

coupe king likes this

Lovely looking motor

It's one of those that you'd happily waft around in every day with no rush to get anywhere :mrgreen: 

I'm sure it'll sell soon enough at that price!

I had a K reg 320i saloon, non-vanos. Awesome that engine, just begged to be red-lined and always brought a smile to your face when you did. And being the 320 rather than the 325, you weren't doing licence-losing speeds either.

To the OP, nice car, good luck !

Dads was a k so maybe non vanos. That sounds right. Brilliant engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You haven't got any heated sports seats to drop into that have you?

edit. Heated ANY seats.

Edited by sharkfan

Mint unrusty arches - not even a hint of any bubbling up. They've all been cleaned and Waxoyled by me.Front passenger wing is new so no pics. 

IMG_9198.jpg

IMG_9199.jpg

Edited by Sir Anthony Regents-Park

It's time you had another holiday in the highlands Andy - fresh air will do you good....