*jimmyj*

E39 530d manual not many around

14 posts in this topic

I have one. 

No mot. Pretty decent but may need rear sills welding to pass. 

That said it's a 530d sport. Manual. Titan silver. Tons of history. 183k. Drives great. Pm me if you want more info. 

Just a reminder to anyone it there. I'm on the hunt for a nice well looked after e39 530d manual. If anyone knows of one going please let me know.

Problem I found was most manuals are pre facelift. Cloth spec se cars with zip options.

Sport with some spec were not thick on the ground

Add in sensible miles and history and it's a tall order sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Echo that Duncan that's what I'm finding. There was what seemed a nice 530d manual on eBay with 102k miles for £2800 but I've missed out on that.

It's not a 530d but a 525d is "quick enough" and should probably get close to 530d performance with a remap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-03-BMW-525-2-5TD-d-ES-SE-DESIEL-SALOON-JULY-18-MOT-/401399156468?hash=item5d75410ef4:g:khMAAOSw2alZb8ik

It's the run out model so it got a few upgrades including sports suspension, black headliner, sports steering wheel and split rim alloys. Looks like it's got a couple of options too (phone, MID and leather). According to the MOT data it'll need the brake lines doing soon.

It doesn't have the exterior plastics so may not be for you if you want the sport model looks and the split rim alloys will corrode in front of your eyes (unless they've been powder coated all one finish - which is possible given the pics).

Cheers Adam appreciate it. Haven't considered the 525d's. See what you mean and the exterior plastics, supports look is something i am after.

I was in the same boat years back when I bought mine. I was after a 525d Avus Blue Sport model which had a reasonably limited run so quite hard to find. One did turn up literally 10 miles from me but it looked like it had had a hard life so I passed. In the end I bought a low mileage ES SE from an older gentleman who clearly cherished his car. I thought I would replace the bumpers for the sport looks but after a short time I decided I liked (preferred even) the look of it as it was.

Anyways, just presented an option as it was reasonably priced if it was in good nick.

No that helps Adam, as I'm sometimes stuck in my ways. Always good to hear others experience on their journey. It's one of those ones where you see something you've liked for years and kind of go all tunnel vision looking for it, but there are other good options out there that may go missed.