KitsonRis

Kit's E34 535i

4 hours ago, stevenc3828 said:

I’m pretty sure the white bump stops are meant to be the other way up...

Really? Is there a way to tell? There is writting on them which the way I have is upside down (I think, will need to check), but I thought it was this was as if they were the other way they wouldn't fit under the sleeves as there is a lip on them? I could be massivley wrong which is the most likely case! The only way to describe the way I have them is that the majority of the material is pointing downwards and covered by the black sleeve. TBH if I do have it wrong thanks for pointing it out as it is easily changed as they are not on the car yet. My brother had a look at them and he is my mechanical car guru and didn't notice anything wrong or dangerous, but then again I am not sure he would notice a sublte difference like that.

@Sandip @The Flying Banana can you not show those pictures to my brother, he thinks it should be slammed on its ass with the biggest wheels I can find! I agree, it does look very nice with the larger wheels and if I wasn't going OEM+ looking on it I so would have done it. Saying that I could be tempted with a set of 18" Syle 32's for my M140i.

Drove it for the first time in about a month yesterday. Fired up first time and ran spot on. Oh how I missed it! Only went to get some fuel as I’m using it Christmas Day. It makes the M140i daily I have seem a little boring. And it was more economical on that tank of fuel than the M140i last week, managed to get 28mpg out of a tank. It helped that it was mainly motorway miles tough. 

It is one last trip this week then it’s major work time, I am so excited for the new suspension. 

IMG_4863_zpsnpp2chyr.jpg

New discs and pads to go on too. Bought Brembo OE pads and Brembo VMax HC discs. Discs are a bit over kill as I was using them on my old track car, but they do look cool.

IMG_4865_zpsszujzjyi.jpg

Knew I would have forgotten to order some parts - calliper bolts! So will get those from BMW in the week.

MoT test is booked for first weekend of February. This all to be fitted soon after.

Always tense having an MoT Test I find, and in the 12 years I’ve been driving I’ve never had a car pass first time....until today!! The E34 sailed through. Winner. Just got the front bumper off to remove the lights so I can polish them up. Pictures to follow 

Did a bit of a marmite mod - put yellow tints on the main beam and fog lights. If I end up not liking it should be easy to remove. 

Also fitted all new bulbs in the front too, nice Orsam Night Breakers. 

Polishing the glass didn’t really do much tbh apart from make the glass smooth. Oh well, will probably one day get a new set so it looks fresh. 45793E2E-C992-40EC-8015-88AD2F8A8F2F.thumb.jpeg.f9e6f2dd7b009e24731d27eeb127e1a2.jpeg

Edited by KitsonRis