KitsonRis

Kit's E34 535i

That does make sense. Just had metal ones on my old car, but that was a track car and I didn't want them melting as the fronts did get quite hot.

Not much has happened in the last week. Spent this morning cleaning the leather with some Gliptone stuff.

IMG_4121_zpscszhsubg.jpg

Either it didn't work, I was doing it wrong or the seats were already clean as they look pretty much the same after the clean. Hoping the leather conditioner will be of use. Might put a second coat on in the week.

Also washed it as I took it out yesterday and the front got covered in bugs. Had to buy a new garden sprayer as my old one broke and its the only way I can get something like a hose pipe to the drive as I don't have an outside tap. The coating I put on is fantastic, the water beaded very nicely and then just fell off. Made washing quite difficult as I couldn't get the car wet quick enough! Couldn't get a picture due to it being sunny and I didn't want to stop to take pictures as I would only end up with water marks where it dried in the sun.

Got my eye on a tape deck on eBay. Says it is an original one from an E34 so I could be tempted. I am just not that keen on parting with that much money for a tape deck! I don't even have any tapes left or no way of making new mix tapes. Some kids today wouldn't know what a VHS or a cassette tapes are.

Edit: Said tape deck has now gone from eBay. Damn. The hunt continues.....

Edited by KitsonRis

A little teaser....

IMG_4140_zpsqnvc4f9f.jpg

Just need to get some centre caps, quartz coat them, get tyres and fit them. Not sure if I want to go for a stud conversion for some reason.

Also maybe should have looked at tyre prices before I commited to these, about £100 a corner!!

Yeah I know, just didn't realise they were that much! Tyres for my old track car was less than that for very nice grippy tyres, but were 15".

Just need to have a look at what tyres to get as I have no idea.

1 hour ago, KitsonRis said:

Yeah I know, just didn't realise they were that much! Tyres for my old track car was less than that for very nice grippy tyres, but were 15".

Just need to have a look at what tyres to get as I have no idea.

a.) I'd highly recommend a stud conversion. I run the 82mm kit from Mtec via eBay and it's very good

b.) Camskill have some great prices for tyres; I'd highly recommend them, you just need someone to fit them, carefully ;) 

Have got a good tyre fitter I use, I’ve taken new wheels to them before and they come back spotless. 

Cool, will look at that stud conversion and Camskills for tyres. 

21 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

32s are lovely wheels. I had them on the e39 - a staggered setup. 

I'd still have them on my E39; my fave alloy TBH.

There's a genuine set on eBay currently; but up for stupid money as per the norm as the seller is probably a typical muppet who says everything is rare and then that commands a stupid premium... That's why they've been up for sale for months and will stay that way :roll: 

8 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

There's a genuine set on eBay currently; but up for stupid money as per the norm as the seller is probably a typical muppet who says everything is rare and then that commands a stupid premium... That's why they've been up for sale for months and will stay that way :roll: 

Found that when I was searching for these, people over inflating the price for no reason. Actually paid a decent price for them which is why I chose these ones. Refurb was a little pricey but now I know it is done and wont be needing it for a while.

Yeah... Quite happy to pay for a quality refurb, but when someone is asking c£700 for alloys that aren't even worth half that, is a piss take! 

It's like the muppet that pay c£1k for Style 65s and even Style 37s... :roll: