E39mad

Another washer bottle problem - how do you get the tank out!!

Mine is a really low mileage car and hence this stuff has the ability to sit in the tank for some while before being filled up again, I suspect this issue is coming my way at some stage in the future.

Next time I wash it, I might just pump it fully out and fill with a good strong formula.

15 hours ago, Wilbz11 said:

It's because people use screenwash that is a very weak concentration and it goes stagnant in the tank and blocks it up.

If you use a strong concentration of decent screen wash not pre diluted you will have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used Comma Extreme which is not a cheap screen wash and still the filters clogged up - the tank however was clear. I agree thought that low usage of the washers is more likely to see them fail if not using the BMW stuff

18 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

Mine is a really low mileage car and hence this stuff has the ability to sit in the tank for some while before being filled up again, I suspect this issue is coming my way at some stage in the future.

Next time I wash it, I might just pump it fully out and fill with a good strong formula.

I have heard that a few Steradent tablets also do the trick every now and again

I've done my bit for the Glaswegian economy today and bought 2 of these (delivered just like this by Fedex):

They don't give much away respective to the content make up but you can see that it is mainly Ethyl Alcohol with Antifreeze. Made in Germany so it must be good :rolleyes:

59ae82e33cf0c_Screenwash3.jpg.5ef7242b367a7cb6bba192efc229a612.jpg

59ae82e2e699b_Screenwash2.jpg.b2335c6c4d4c4b8df393985dc9263174.jpg

59ae82e28ae48_Screenwash1.jpg.dde9e7626bc529ad56c278046e652e11.jpg

34 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

I've done my bit for the Glaswegian economy today and bought 2 of these (delivered just like this by Fedex):

They don't give much away respective to the content make up but you can see that it is mainly Ethyl Alcohol with Antifreeze. Made in Germany so it must be good :rolleyes:

Glasgow economy, lol, like it!

Although, antifreeze on your paintwork is never a good idea, is it?

20 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Glasgow economy, lol, like it!

Although, antifreeze on your paintwork is never a good idea, is it?

BMW seem to think it's ok and I haven't seen the paint bubbling around my headlights yet. It's German so I believe everything they tell me and this MUST be ok. :D

35 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

BMW seem to think it's ok and I haven't seen the paint bubbling around my headlights yet. It's German so I believe everything they tell me and this MUST be ok. :D

I have used that response too, "BMW say its ok" so it must be ok for us mere mortals. :D

Yes German Engineering/made in Germany is well known about, just look at how good their BMWs are................particularly the reliability of washer jets!:unsure:

5 minutes ago, sshooie said:

You may have done your bit for the Glasgow economy but the flip side is they'll hate you for importing one of their drinks.

Not at all, we like taking money off Englishmen.....:P

On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:00 PM, Matthew Ashton said:

59ae82e33cf0c_Screenwash3.jpg.5ef7242b367a7cb6bba192efc229a612.jpg

59ae82e2e699b_Screenwash2.jpg.b2335c6c4d4c4b8df393985dc9263174.jpg

59ae82e28ae48_Screenwash1.jpg.dde9e7626bc529ad56c278046e652e11.jpg

Keep away from HEAT??  What, you mean like engines??

21 minutes ago, Matthew Ashton said:

And one of the reasons the bottle is in the wing and not the engine compartment.

True - but the filler cap is in the engine compartment!  I'm driving a feckin' suicide bomb! :lol:

Actually, I'd better get that stuff out of the house! :unsure:

Edited by Calypso-E34