Lennox

Middle aged man thinking about ruining his car.?!?

71 posts in this topic

So...... I am getting my 535d back as the wifes getting a new XC90, love the car, but it is a bit..... Standard. I'm thinking about subtly doing it up..... Is this too much?

1. Grill 2. Speakers 3. Side decals 4. Rear spoilers 5. Black interior trim 6. Extra side skirts 7. Front extension 8. Plate surrounds

Also I am going to get the wheels refurbished and may paint the calipers performance blue.......

Mad?

1eb1fbd58d0c6ad213742c23ea3787f7.jpg

7daa600b8fcc8f0e79ded7368f73a535.jpg

514cf0cbd5e2790b5269f70ad6ddf15e.jpg

3338dcaafceaf4f04add70c6ae98201f.jpg

0258125744ba6f695f726a82e90f4923.jpg

588e49061d7a4033d36e3cd0401dfd22.jpg

c38e6d0cd69cffd14337a23afd31a91a.jpg

430dc6c8fd8aacb668b8210fbfcbaffe.jpg

avinalaugh and Mo_1986 like this

The 535 makes quite a statement as it is dontcha think? I reckon 2, 1, 5, refurb the wheels. Paint the calipers maybe (but they'll soon be covered in brake dust). If you go for all the options maybe a pair of furry dice to round it off?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Calypso-E34 and Lennox like this

stick it all on if you like it!! M performance cars have that added side skirts aswell as the deacals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mashed Potatoes likes this

I agree with 2 and 5. I've seen a few cars embellished with the M performance add ons and decals and I don't think they look particularly good, especially on a BMW that looks as good as the F11 already in standard form. 

Not into stick on go faster stuff myself, but definitely get your wheels done, that's a sure way to tidy up a cars appearance, you've been talking about getting them done for ages. Best thing I did to my car.

Grill, Mibbies, what's your thoughts? Gloss black twin slat job?

Rear spolier, can't picture it on an F11, but the ones I've seen on the F10slooks good.

Tasteful interior mods, yeah crack on.

As others have said, you have a subtle car and putting too much on it will take away rather than add anything to it. That's the point of a 535d, looks like a 520d to the uneducated but defo doesn't sound or go like one!

Sorry, might be my IT, but are there meant to be pics in you first post @Lennox, something isn't displaying properly for me.

But please.....

DO NOT PAINT YOUR CALIPERS!

You said yourself you are a middle aged man, not a 22 year old with a Corsa.

pldoughnut likes this

34 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Sorry, might be my IT, but are there meant to be pics in you first post @Lennox, something isn't displaying properly for me.

I could see the pics last night but I only see links this morning, something's gone wrong overnight :(

535i Andrew likes this

To paint calipers make sure that you will get the blue paint which is increasing brakes efficiency. Or...go full forward and use the red paint. This will make your brakes ferrari ones. Lol. But seriously if you really want to improve the look go for genuine blue brakes . For God sake do not paint any colour.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

535i Andrew likes this

I could see the pics earlier this morning but not now. Perhaps Lennox has decided it's too dreadful to contemplate further.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

535i Andrew and Lennox like this

1 hour ago, IanS100 said:

I could see the pics last night but I only see links this morning, something's gone wrong overnight :(

Thanks Ian.

13 minutes ago, pldoughnut said:

To paint calipers make sure that you will get the blue paint which is increasing brakes efficiency. Or...go full forward and use the red paint. This will make your brakes ferrari ones. Lol. But seriously if you really want to improve the look go for genuine blue brakes . For God sake do not paint any colour.

+1 on that!

Go for it when mines out of finance I'm thinking of some similar mods.

Already have a set of new M5 grilles, thinking of sourcing an M5 badge and a M3 badge to replace the M5 badge on the grille with 535 as the number appears to fit the blank plate on the grille perfect. 

Edited by Steveo1

Updated this pics...... Also popped in to the Wheel Station today to get an idea of alloy colour, love this shade...

All will be done post Volvo arrival, it still in dink danger till then...

ba791987a95ec37eb873fad55f7b50d6.jpg

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

G-Force, pidgeonpost and Mo_1986 like this

Forget all that shite! 

Get somthing like this....

you're going to tell me a E92 isn't big enough arnt you?? :rolleyes: 

Lennox likes this

On 26/08/2017 at 9:33 AM, 535i Andrew said:

I think I preferred it when I couldn't see the pictures.....

pidgeonpost and Lennox like this

Just found this car with a few of the options fitted..... Apart from the alloy colour and the fact the rear valance has been painted I like it....

aa34024e2a130790bf50e8e9f047aafb.jpg048533e09a0fe49ff20c67a299780ad7.jpg917d46f678261bba20b1601ac3d3fd23.jpg

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Mo_1986 and kjb1 like this