samm

Coilovers for E39 520i + Wheels

9 posts in this topic

Re coilovers; I'd buy new unless they're decent ones and not that old!

For c£200 JOM or ProSport coilovers are available; most folk say the ProSport ones are more forgiving than the JOM's and I'd go with that

If you've a higher budget, go for D2 or BC coilovers etc...

Hi,

I'd agree with the above, get new suspension rather than old as even if the seller tells you till they're blue in the face they're only 4 months old with 2000 miles on them, the chances of that actually being true is small !

As for pricing on those, as well as on a set of wheels in 18 or 19 inch sizing, what's your current anticipated budget for them? Depending on that, will then determine what kind of choices you could go for.

Cheers, Dennis!

Where are you in the country? I may have a spare set of Genuine E39 fitment M parallels for sale, if I can bring myself to part with them. 

I'm in Derby.

Reckon I will be towards the lower end for coil overs, 300

And 500 for a set of wheels. Car was only a grand!

Edited by samm

I can try and take some pictures this evening if you're interested? 

They have polished lips and black centres, in usable condition but you may want to refurb them ect. 

I got them mainly to try a square set up but decided I prefer the drive of the standard setup. 

Front tyres are budget with good tread depth but rears will need to be replaced. 

4 hours ago, samm said:

I'm in Derby.

Reckon I will be towards the lower end for coil overs, 300

And 500 for a set of wheels. Car was only a grand!

Go for the ProSport coilovers then pal; new top mounts all round (your rears might be ok actually, be deffo advise new front top mounts) and new front drop links and you'll have a good set up

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Prosport-Coilover-Kit-BMW-5-Series-E39-1995-2003-Saloon-/231726514762?fits=Car+Make%3ABMW|Plat_Gen%3AE39&epid=653846854&hash=item35f3fa024a:g:RYMAAOSwl9BWJkD5

My biggest piece of advice would be to have a proper fast-road setup and maybe corner weighting; this will really transform the cars handling etc!

samm likes this