Retset

Noob question .... play/pause on Pro Nav

7 posts in this topic

Proud new owner of an F11 520d M Sport Touring 2015 with Pro Nav. I brought it home yesterday evening and had a play with the idrive. Most is fairly easy but here is my issue:

Let's say I am playing a song from my iPhone via BT streaming. There it is on the display, along with album art. Now, I want to pause the track for a while then play again. Sounds easy but I cannot fathom the simple action of play/pause!

I know I can push the volume button to mute but muting isn't pausing.

It will pause music on the internal HDD or a USB stick but with the phone being a completely external device it probably just carries on streaming the song while the car mutes it.

I have all my music on the internal HDD so haven't had to worry about pausing it but you would think there must be some way to do it.

Jim's right for CD etc. but the phone seems to carry on, like JDR says.

I think I will just get all the music I want onto the HDD and save the phone just for podcasts.

Just spent a long time in the drive and am slowly getting there! Loving lots of the features.

Edited by Retset

When you have the playlist displayed do you not have a pause button on the left hand side of the screen?  Or is that just forward and backward?

I stream my music on Spotify through my iPhone via the Bluetooth on my Pro Media and pressing the volume button pauses the music.  Are you playing your music through iTunes or something different?

No, I am being thick and being caught out by repeating lyrics. It turns out it pauses the phone music as well!

I am very pleased how well this car integrates with the iphone. For podcasts I use Downcast. Would I get even more control in the car if I used Apple's podcast app?