BIG DAVE

i drive monitor screen

11 posts in this topic

Hi I have a 2004 e.60 3.0 litre petrol,i wonder if anyone could answer my question,i have the widescreen monitor,which has now packed up, after coming and going for about a year,so I can no longer use my stereo (etc) the part number is 65.82-6.945660 so need to replace it, I have looked on e.bay and there are a lot for sale but none with that number, are any others with different  numbers, interchangeable, and also are they a plug and play or do they have to be coded, to the car,i hope my question makes sence,hope someone can help. Thanks. Dave.

20170816_132257.jpg

Hi Dave, check part numbers on realoem as there might be a few depending of the year of manufacture. They're straight swap and no coding needed

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

when the car is cold every thing works fine, and will stay on until I stop, if I then start up after about five minutes, the screen comes and goes. with vertical stripes, then suddenly comes on again after about ten miles,and every thing back to normal again,but now just getting a blank screen until she decides to work again.thanks for the replies.

I've got exactly the same problem with mine,and I only got it 5 years ago as a refurb unit from BMW...repair when it finally calls it a day unless I sell by then

Does it interupt audio when it goes or keeps playing music and just no picture? If it stops playing music then it is 100% failing ccc unit.

On 18/08/2017 at 7:12 AM, Tuvoc said:

The first link is the guy I used to do mine. I have absolutely no complaints about the service. Great communication and quick turnaround. I also got him to update the software on the unit, meaning I got the silver screen too - 16 months later and still going strong. If I'd had the money at the time (still don't :( ) I'd have considered NBT or even CIC, though this was by far the simplest and most straightforward option ......

Good to have the recommendation. Mine hasn't been working now for probably close to 3 years. As long as you don't mind no music, and the TPM light which can't be cleared, the car is perfectly usable without the iDrive. Maybe I'll get it fixed one of these days though !!

Edited by Tuvoc
j2112 likes this