Style5

E28 mudflaps - anyone fitted them ?

3 hours ago, Style5 said:

Hi,

i have all the fitting kit but the fronts are a nightmare - or am I missing something? Just how do they go ? Thanks 

You have to take the 2 lower self tapping bolts out of the splash guard,and part of the bracket hooks up under neath and then bolts into the bolt holes normally with longer self tappers and a tube type spacer if my memory serves me right ,top hole in bracket goes to the other bolt hole up in the splash guard

4 hours ago, Taffy 1 said:

I haven't a clue mate but I'd love to know where you obtained them from.

Kind Regards, Taffy 1

Ebay Germany. They crop up from time to time. Just make sure they will post to England and accept PayPal unless your ok with bank transfers.  These were a new set ! Lucky find. 

1 hour ago, twins5555 said:

You have to take the 2 lower self tapping bolts out of the splash guard,and part of the bracket hooks up under neath and then bolts into the bolt holes normally with longer self tappers and a tube type spacer if my memory serves me right ,top hole in bracket goes to the other bolt hole up in the splash guard

Hi, yes cheers for that. The instructions were rubbish and I sussed that screw could be the only thing to remove. Bit fiddly but the actual worst thing was putting on the spring loaded clips / clamps. Had to scrape away sealant from behind the arches to get the clamps on ! I have a weird car - one side seems to be heavier with sealant than the other. Ha ha. Had the same fitting the sunroof wind deflector. Thanks for your help - it was spot on 

Hi Jez,

I have the fitting instructions pictures from a new set I had back in 1998 that I can scan in and send if you still need it.

Currently in a shipping container but I should get hands on by mid September.

Regards,

Mick

2 hours ago, Ordnator said:

Hi Jez,

I have the fitting instructions pictures from a new set I had back in 1998 that I can scan in and send if you still need it.

Currently in a shipping container but I should get hands on by mid September.

Regards,

Mick

Hi Mick. 

Thanks mate. I did suss it in the end. I had some old instructions that were a bit faded but made sense when I found the screw to pull out. Hope it's going wel for you mate. 

Regards

Jez