Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kit

Super or not?

5 posts in this topic

Hello

My late 520i Touring passed everything on the MOT apart from being slightly over the limit on the lambda test during the emissions check.

Sorted by adding injector cleaner into a half tank of Shells Super Unleaded.

Got me thinking - is it worth putting in a tank of that say every 4 fills? Or all the time?!

In your opinion is it worth the extra money? Before the mot I didn't think to bother with it as I didn't feel I'd notice the performance difference in this or my other cars apart from my old 911.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

Kit

c27e379c9df23994dd200359b3e83e31.jpg

Probably needs a good Italian tune up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kit likes this

yeah a good thrashing that M50s love a normal non supermarket unleaded is what id use.  Like you say i'd not run it on super 

Kit likes this

Regular Shell Unleaded is what I use too, but it's more about driving regularly and sometimes thrashing it to the limit too - at the end of the day, it has to be driven properly from time to time :)

Edited by Blackman
Kit likes this

Regular Shell Unleaded is what I use too, but it's more about driving regularly and sometimes thrashing it to the limit too - at the end of the day, it has to be driven properly from time to time

Odd thing was I driving it hard the day before the Mot, both a motorway run and on country lanes (have to say it's taken me a while to heal toe in comfort with the Bmw pedal setup) and hit the 'Italian end' of the rev counter often.

But only after adding super and driving in second at 40mph for a while did it pass. Perhaps the latter is what it needed but defo should have cleared the day before.

That's why I feel the additive and the petrol may have helped.