Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seesure

Spotted this beaut.... E39 ;) LOL

19 posts in this topic

A while back but thought I'd lost the pictures when my SD card failed on my phone...

Anyway it was in the staff car park at Renault Nissan in Rickmansworth about a year ago....

4645.thumb.jpg.a732690b9ab52e5a458c6e2c60ec10d6.jpg

4995.thumb.jpg.b7c3998e1ae9a3ab972ad7703608382d.jpg

Edited by Seesure
pidgeonpost likes this

A while back but thought I'd lost the pictures when my SD card failed on my phone...

Anyway it was in the staff car park at Renault Nissan in Rickmansworth about a year ago....

4645.thumb.jpg.a732690b9ab52e5a458c6e2c60ec10d6.jpg

4995.thumb.jpg.b7c3998e1ae9a3ab972ad7703608382d.jpg

Nice. I saw a nice looking B10 V8 Alpina in the Tesco car park in Lydney yesterday. It had gone by the time I'd parked or I'd have gone to have a drool over it. Not somewhere to go if you value your paintwork though.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

ad touring and Seesure like this

Am I missing something? The badges, I don't recognise them?

Its a 530d Sport, with aftermarket body kit and twin twin tails?

Is it a 530 or 530d? It's pretty grubby so hard to see even after saving/zooming. Can't figure what the central badge is, but the one on the right I thought initially was like the central part of the Alpina badge but don't think so. It looks more like the one below. Still think the rear end looks pretty business like.

94af2a5eaf080998ab292d37f645313d.jpg

Hamann badges on the rear with M5 vents on the side and quad exhausts, standard M5 boot spoiler with an Alpina style spoiler over the top...

All on a 530d ...

4 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

Still like the look of it! :)

Should have gone to spec savers mate:P

Sorry couldn't resist.

Still it's an E39 and appart from looking slightly grubby it will be the best car in the car park base on what it's sat next too!

Anyone keeping an E39 going should applauded though.

pidgeonpost likes this

Guess I'm still a BMW virgin compared to you greybearded sages on here .

The E39 remains my favourite design though and even with a couple of years of pretty trouble-free E60 ownership I still have a hankering for tidy E39 - like a manual 530i. Not in a position to do anything about it though at present.

Yeah, the E39 last few years in Sport form is the best looking BMW. IMO. I wasn't sure what the kit was on this one as I didn't recognise the badges.

I wanted a last of them, a 53 plate Blue ( I forget the exact colour now) 530i Sport to replace my E39, but I couldn't find any, only the Champagne editions which weren't for me.  On paper the newer bigger engined E60 was just as economical and so my E39 went for my first E60. Power and performance over looks.

The F10 harks back to E39 days in terms of looks, if only i could have got one with a couple more cylinders.....

Yeah, the E39 last few years in Sport form is the best looking BMW. IMO. I wasn't sure what the kit was on this one as I didn't recognise the badges.

I wanted a last of them, a 53 plate Blue ( I forget the exact colour now) 530i Sport to replace my E39, but I couldn't find any, only the Champagne editions which weren't for me.  On paper the newer bigger engined E60 was just as economical and so my E39 went for my first E60. Power and performance over looks.

The F10 harks back to E39 days in terms of looks, if only i could have got one with a couple more cylinders.....

I'm not sure I'd get on with a Sport at my age or, just as importantly, my wife's. I'm not a fan of rock hard suspension, and she's not a fan of the sort of wraparound seats that are present on just about everything these days.

The kinda swoopy E60 styling is an acquired taste for some, even for me. It's not as classy as the E39 IMO, but it doesn't induce vomiting. The F10 looks huge but it may be an illusion as I've no idea how the dimensions compare.

I should really get myself a bit more up to date on the various models and their variants just in case the lottery coughs up.

3 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

I'm not sure I'd get on with a Sport at my age or, just as importantly, my wife's. I'm not a fan of rock hard suspension, and she's not a fan of the sort of wraparound seats that are present on just about everything these days.

BMW's engineers seemed to get it spot on with the sport suspension in the e39 IMO, the balance between wafty, comfy ride and sharp, tight handling is uncanny.

pidgeonpost likes this

12 hours ago, pidgeonpost said:

The kinda swoopy E60 styling is an acquired taste for some, even for me. It's not as classy as the E39 IMO, but it doesn't induce vomiting. The F10 looks huge but it may be an illusion as I've no idea how the dimensions compare.

I should really get myself a bit more up to date on the various models and their variants just in case the lottery coughs up.

A friend has a 530d GT (F07?) and it makes my E39 look small, it is longer wider and taller, she's had it since early April and has 3 new tyres, 2 new alloys, crashed in to her neighbour's car plus countless other incidents... no saying she's a good driver but hell, every time she's driven me anywhere she's hit a few curbs as she just can't get used to the size of the car... Car parks? They are a nightmare even with parking sensors and front and rear cameras...At a guess I'd say it's actually bigger than an E38 7 series....

That's interesting. A friend went from an E60 to an F10 and he has managed to scrape 3 corners so far. On paper the difference in dimensions from E39 through E60 to F10 (saloons) isn't great:

E39 = 1800mm W x 1435mm H x 4775mm L.

E60 = 1846W x 1468H x 4841L.

F10 = 1860W x 1464H x 4907L.

So the F10 has only grown by just over 2" in width and 5" in length on the E39 but they do look to be very large. Perhaps I need to seem them parked side by side.

The GT is larger the F10 at 1901W x 1559H x 4998L and they do seem like throbbing great things on the street.

Update... lol on  my friend with the the 530d GT - She crashed it in a car park ...

ROFL - The Heath Hospital in Cardiff - apparently on the spiral ramp - at least she was in the right place to get checked over...

Needs a new front bumper, as well as some remedial body/paintwork...so that's another £1200+ as she can't afford to do it through insurance...

32 minutes ago, Seesure said:

Update... lol on  my friend with the the 530d GT - She crashed it in a car park ...

ROFL - The Heath Hospital in Cardiff - apparently on the spiral ramp - at least she was in the right place to get checked over...

Needs a new front bumper, as well as some remedial body/paintwork...so that's another £1200+ as she can't afford to do it through insurance...

Hope she is o.k.....but if she can afford to drive a big silly car like that, she can afford to get it fixed!

Seesure and pidgeonpost like this

26 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

Hope she is o.k.....but if she can afford to drive a big silly car like that, she can afford to get it fixed!

She won't do the insurance route as she's already written off an Audi TT this year... 

Sounds like she's probably not the sort of driver to accept a lift from. No wonder she doesn't want to go through her insurance company. In fairness I hate some of these spiral ramps as they are far too narrow for larger cars.

535i Andrew and Seesure like this

1 hour ago, Seesure said:

She won't do the insurance route as she's already written off an Audi TT this year... 

Did she hit that when "driving" the F07, or was she driving the TT?

1 hour ago, 535i Andrew said:

Did she hit that when "driving" the F07, or was she driving the TT?

It was while she was driving her TT - sole occupant, single vehicle accident ...

Managed to drive over the reservation whiles doing 70ish at 1.30am ... back in January...

She was all set to replace it with a 911 she'd seen... thankfully a couple of us talked her out of that idea...

Capture.thumb.JPG.307a0e7c6488dcd5e49e3c2d0dd3e51e.JPG