Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eamo

Orange Exclamation Mark

13 posts in this topic

Lads

I looked at an e28 at the weekend and in between the 2 indicator lights on the speedo as an orange flashing ! symbol.  I have never seen this before on an e28.  The car is a 1985 car

Any idea what it is or why these clocks have it?

It's not the brake pad sensor is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the one in this photo (although this one isn't illuminated) ! in a triangle between the indicators

e28eins-1.jpg

I cant see anywhere an any of the six E28 English language handbooks that it says the Check Control illumination will be an exclamation mark. Of the four instrument clusters in my possession manufactured between July '84 (with early Service Indicator) and Nov '87 (with late SI), none of those have an exclamation mark, they all say "CHECK". I could understand non English language countries having an Exclamation Mark. None of the six German handbooks says what value it should be.

eamo likes this

But I think we all agree in that position it's related to the check control panel.

If it stays lit then I'd be looking at brake bulbs or the connections to the unit on the boot panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that whatever the check control fault is, pressing the button on the overhead panel should turn it from flashing to solidly lit.

Are there any lights illuminated on the overhead panel?