jongriff1066

BMW E60 Standard audio

3 posts in this topic

Bit of a risky thing but thought I'd pass my findings on to all, I've been doing a little project on the audio system in my 5 series, separate thread already on here, however I have ordered a direct replacement for the rear shelf speakers but they don't come for a week so today being impatient I decided to connect the standard poverty rear shelf speakers to my amplifier !!! ( don't judge ) the results are astounding my god the clarity and power they are taking is unreal !!! Probably going to now do 2 things 1st save myself £145 and cancel the components I've ordered and the second is leave the standard ones connected, does leave me with the question though if the speakers can actually handle the amount of power I'm putting through them why have BMW put such shite power through them in the first place as trust me these things are handling a beating and sound superb !!! 

Twas alway thus. Shite amplification always equals shite sound.

Upgrading your underfloor mids from 6.5" to 8" will of course be a massive help after that though.

Leaving the rest of the system as it is (see my others thread ) already installed 2x12" Vive Blackair subs in custom box in the trunk with 3 amps and 1.5 Farad power cap :) it's going really well so far and sounds soooooo much better !!