Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calypso-E34

Approved Used warranty booklet?

9 posts in this topic

Those of you driving Approved Used BMWs out there - did you get a booklet about the warranty, saying what it covers, what it doesn't, numbers to call etc?

My dealer is telling me they don't have booklets.

Also, I got a letter from BMW UK, telling me that I should have received a welcome pack from the dealer, containing various items. I didn't get that either.

When I raised this with the dealer, at first they said they would have both items waiting for me when I picked the car up today (it was in for a new chrome strip, which THEY broke when it went in for the new coil spring days after I bought it) - they said they had run out. I emailed sales, and was then told they don't do them anymore!

Small things, but it's the principle.

Thinking of using the Main Dealer in Aberdeen - John Clark - for servicing now.

Inverness Dealer is Harry Fairbairn, but owned by Arnold Clark.

Rant over!

Mine came from JC in Aberdeen. I got a separate ring binder I think that had all the warranty bumff in it etc. I had to check it to see if my broken rear spring was covered which it was.

On getting home and reading all the booklets and manuals I realised that the entertainment manual was missing. Called up the salesman explained situation, gave him the part number of the manual and a few days later I had one mailed to me.

No issues with Harry Fairbairns in Giffnock.

I don't use Douglas Park! http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=40115&title=stolen-my-e60

Douglas Park Hamilton have been superb!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Bloody hell! Was that you?

Sure was brother.

12 hours ago, Lennox said:

Douglas Park Hamilton have been superb!!

Aye and they can !!!! off too! As they basically told me to do that as that was where their head office was.

No problems with Rybrook. I can't recall seeing a warranty booklet but then again most things are covered. One thing to consider is that the "latest" warranty also covers wear & tear so is a different booklet to the pre-March 2016 AUC cars. I've never seen the later booklet but the dealers pretty good at covering most things. Maybe email BMW UK and ask them for the current T&C's? (or Twitter as that seems to be the go to for a quick response)

28 minutes ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

I see the flaw in the plan.

My dad says "you've been Arnold Clarked" to describe a situation where you have been conned, had the wool pulled over your eyes etc.

But I'd rather take mine to Arnold Shark than run the risk of not getting it back at the end of the day! I don't have much choice where I stay, it's either Arnold Shark or those b@$t@rd$, Douglas Park!

Most used car retailers in Inverness are now Arnold Clark. I've watched this happen over the last decade, and it is now hard for the wee trader to survive. Sickening.

That said, the problem with my local dealer is the older staff.