Medved77

Swapping out Bluetooth module

I need to replace my Bluetooth module and am looking at 2nd hand replacements from ebay.

I can see there's 2 manufacturers, Continental and Motorola. Within these 2 types they have different production dates with different hardware and software versions.

Does it matter which one I get? Ideally I'd like it to be a straight swap however I could code this myself if there was a guide. My current broken version is Motorola from 2005 so I'd prefer to get one with a later production date for longevity.

If it makes any difference to the selection I've replaced my CCC with CIC.

Attached is my current unit, apologies for the poor picture quality.

Thanks. 2ab87d711e004bb187eb2549f5d61290.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Well the part codes on realoem suggest it's a straight swap, and if your existing one was working with the CIC, then I'd imagine the replacement would also.

However, would it not be better to upgrade to a combox?

1 hour ago, Dotcom1970 said:

However, would it not be better to upgrade to a combox?

Aaargghhh!  I new someone would suggest that!!  Now I want to do that and spend more money than I'd planned.

Have you added the combox and if so, what was the procedure/prices/coding required?

Just now, Medved77 said:

Aaargghhh!  I new someone would suggest that!!  Now I want to do that and spend more money than I'd planned.

Have you added the combox and if so, what was the procedure/prices/coding required?

No, not yet - I found a place online that will supply, install and code for £680 if you have the CIC.

Im interested on this as well. my Bluetooth module doesn't work. i was looking for options. I think i have the CCC. How i can tell?

@Dotcom1970 could you please tell me what is this combox? 

I have found this on ebay

Bluetooth interface

any good?

Edited by Paris 530d

17 minutes ago, Dotcom1970 said:

No, not yet - I found a place online that will supply, install and code for £680 if you have the CIC.

OK, think I may hold off on that for now, I'm pretty sure I'll need to get my CIC coded to the car first in order for the combox (and a few other functions) to work.

Will grab a bluetooth module for ~£80 in the meantime.

Just now, Medved77 said:

OK, think I may hold off on that for now, I'm pretty sure I'll need to get my CIC coded to the car first in order for the combox (and a few other functions) to work.

Will grab a bluetooth module for ~£80 in the meantime.

Yes, The CIC needs to be updated, but this guy will do everything at once, including the NAV maps updates etc

1 hour ago, Dotcom1970 said:

Yes, The CIC needs to be updated, but this guy will do everything at once, including the NAV maps updates etc

My CIC hasn't even been added to the VO yet so pretty sure that'll be the first step.  Bought one of the pre-coded units available on ebay, on the whole it's worked well although I've never had radio since buying it (not sure if this is because it's not communicating with the diversity antenna or whether there's some broken cables in the tailgate).  Also, the memory seats used to adjust when unlocking the car, now it only occurs when the door is opened.  I think this is because the CIC doesn't communicate to the CAS(?) module so the preference set in the IDrive makes no difference.