Yokozuna

Sweaty palms time....

33 posts in this topic

I got the willies just looking at that.  You're (a lot) braver than me!

I,ll second what Duncan says x10.

Tapatalk doesn't show your pic within the thread unfortunately but it looks pretty scary to me, so tell us where and how, and most importantly WHY?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

It's a YouTube video! 

An just incase you where wondering, that ain't me! Nor do I know anyone that is A. That stupid and B. Got the balls to do such a thing! 

I think i might suffer with vertigo as when I was watching the vid I kept wanting to jump off something! :shock: 

I'm starting to dread going on this cruise if im honest! I'm on the top deck with a balcony/veranda...... 

Now deck 10....

now deck 9....

now deck 8....

now deck 7....

now deck splash...........

It's a YouTube video! 

An just incase you where wondering, that ain't me! Nor do I know anyone that is A. That stupid and B. Got the balls to do such a thing! 

I think i might suffer with vertigo as when I was watching the vid I kept wanting to jump off something! :shock: 

I'm starting to dread going on this cruise if im honest! I'm on the top deck with a balcony/veranda...... 

Now deck 10....

now deck 9....

now deck 8....

now deck 7....

now deck splash...........

Just watched it on YouTube. Back in a minute - when I've put clean crusties on.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, dj1233 said:

Want to work up there . . . .  ?

That's an old one that! An he hooks on! :rolleyes: 

pussy! :lol: 

21 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

That's an old one that! An he hooks on! :rolleyes: 

pussy! :lol: 

Still, for work would you really want to be doing that?!

Absolutely no way on gods green earth would I ever be up there! 

M legs were going to jelly just watching that 'do you feel the tower moving' well, get the f**k down then!

Just watched this and spent the time clinging on to the sofa. Every time the camera moved to show the shot over the side I thought I was going to fall over the edge.

As I've got older I get more uncomfortable with heights. Each time I go to the top of the Forth Bridge for work it gets worse.

Whats daft is if you marked a circle the same size as the top of the chimney on the ground with the same wind i would run around it with impunity.

Logic says your balance would be the same a squillion metres up and yet my brain would be screaming N0000000!

What i did note is they are doing something with their fingures - some sort of cognitive behaviour technique perhaps?

^^^^ yeah I've seen that thumb finger thing before, can't think where though? 

I showed that vid to my mum an at the point where the girl is walking around the chimney top she went "that's a peice of piss that! It's dead wide!" 

So im just waiting for her to upload a vid of her doing it! :lol: 

I bet if you done it at 10 ft you would struggle to keep calm? Times it by 100 an not only would wee and poo be coming out but I'm sure most of us would either fall of freeze... 

Not me! I'd jump! :shock: 

Where I used to live, there were very tall chimneys belonging to brickyards. I used to see people up them repairing them and wonder how they did it...

Someone once told me a line about transmitter tower engineers, who apparently come down very quickly at the first sight/sound of a thunderstorm approaching, but even faster if they hear the kettle being switched on...

Have you ever seen early Fred Dibnah films? He clambers up old wooden ladders, fag on the go and sits on  a little swing fixing stuff!

On 8/2/2017 at 5:45 PM, bmpaul said:

Absolutely no way on gods green earth would I ever be up there! 

M legs were going to jelly just watching that 'do you feel the tower moving' well, get the f**k down then!

At least Dibnah wasn't at the bottom lighting a fire...

And my legs felt funny when he was walking along the edge of the railway bridge, let alone the chimney itself!

bmpaul likes this

On 04/08/2017 at 1:41 PM, The Spooner said:

At least Dibnah wasn't at the bottom lighting a fire...

And my legs felt funny when he was walking along the edge of the railway bridge, let alone the chimney itself!

That would have been funny! 

I don't mind heights but that's just plain silly

rado16v likes this

My fear of heights is so bad when i played Half-life 2 the bit where the character is on the bridge makes my stomach turn.. I slap myself and say it's a bloody video game but still i get butterflies

Mo_1986 and SuperDave like this