Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blackman

E34 Driver's Side Wiper Arm

10 posts in this topic

I've got a pre-facelift E34, so it has that stupid reverse-hook wiper arm on the driver's side, which stops me from fitting regular wipers or even aero wipers, because I can only only get basic Bosch wiper blades, which are a direct fit, specifically for an E34.

Now as far as I know, the facelifted E34s had this problem fixed and both wiper arms have conventional hooks, so you can fit normal wiper blades, as long as they are the right size, and even easily upgrade to aero blades, if you wanted to.

So what I'm after is a facelifted E34 driver's side wiper arm, assuming it's in good condition, straight and not rusty.

Please PM me a few photos and your price posted.

Thanks

Hi, I have already posted on Tim's thread, but all E34s had the reverse hook attachment.  You need to seach the E34 group and see what alternatives people have fitted if you want to fit regular and aero wiper blades.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff, strange you say that, because I've read a few threads where people said that facelifted E34s had normal wiper arms....But mind you, it could only apply to North American market possibly...

Here are the threads:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/166759-wiper-blades.html

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1580101-Windshield-wiper-arm-backwards

Edited by Blackman

Parts file says the same part was used throughout the life of the E34.  I have also owned 1991 to 1996 E34's and they were all the same.  I think the reference to a later 525i maybe to a E39.

On 30/07/2017 at 7:55 PM, Dongiov said:

Parts file says the same part was used throughout the life of the E34.  I have also owned 1991 to 1996 E34's and they were all the same.  I think the reference to a later 525i maybe to a E39.

Both US threads were related to the E34, but if you have actually owned pre and post facelift ones and say there are all the same, then that's the answer. Such a small silly thing, but a bit annoying.

Done a bit of research, the driver's side wiper arm from an E36 will fit, there's sets available on Ebay for £10.

Blackman likes this

I think e36 arm only fits the later Facelift cars . I think they have fine splines on the shaft

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

According to the parts file, there were only two linkages made, the base model and the high speed model.  Both were used throughout the E34's production life so as far as I can assertain, there's no change to the arms, the linkages and hence the splines that came in with any facelift.

So E36 drivers arm should work.

Just wanted to report back and say thanks for everyone'e help.

E36 driver's side wiper arm is a direct fit and you can then fit whatever wiper blades you want, even upgrade to aero blades if you want to.

Dongiov and hamish262001 like this