JimBMW

1-8 assigned keys

22 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Not had my F10 long and have been trying to assign different functions to the 1-8 keys.  I understand about pressing the designated number just before the actual action you want, however I am running in to problems.  I assigned number 8 as my home address but somehow it keeps alternating between my work address and my home address.  I have also tried assigning number 7 to my work address, but each time I try and do this it comes up with something similar to 'unable to assign'

Any ideas?

From memory, you hit the key after the function, ie, search for new address, then when found, hit the memory key and hold.

I'll give that a try, but I thought from what I had read I need to hit the key at the point where it says start navigation.  I was not sure if it was causing issues because I had sent the address via the iOS app and if I needed to put in the address via the idrive

I would like to clear mine, tell me how to do that please!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here you go from the online manual for my car:
    Favourites buttons

Saving a function

1. Highlight the function using the iDrive.
  2. 31224.jpg
    Press and hold the required button until a signal sounds.

Performing a function

31224.jpg
Press the button.
The function is carried out immediately. If you have selected a telephone number, for example, the connection will also be established.

Displaying assignment of buttons

Touch the buttons with your finger. Do not wear gloves or use objects.
The assignment of the buttons is displayed at the top edge of the screen.

Clearing assignment of buttons

1. Press buttons 1 and 8 simultaneously for approximately five seconds.
  2. "OK"
Lennox likes this

14 hours ago, JimBMW said:

I'll give that a try, but I thought from what I had read I need to hit the key at the point where it says start navigation.  I was not sure if it was causing issues because I had sent the address via the iOS app and if I needed to put in the address via the idrive

To store an address, you need to enter the destination and start navigation - the address you've just entered will now be stored in "Recent destinations". Then, as if entering a new destination,  go to "Enter new destination" then "Recent destinations" highlight the address you want to store in a preset and then press and hold the chosen preset button until stored. 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

All I've got is Radio 2 DAB stored to "2" and the tyre pressure reset menu stored to "8".  Its all I need.:D

Address in 1

Entertainment split screen in 8

Split screen Map Arrow view in 7

Journey Computer split screen in 6

Tone settings in 5 (for when we go on holiday and I move the sound just to the front so it doesn't interfere too much with the girls watching videos in the rear)

Position info split screen in 4 for height above sea level and direction

Edited by Matthew Ashton

All I've got is Radio 2 DAB stored to "2"

And I thought you were younger than me.....

535i Andrew likes this

33 minutes ago, Lennox said:

And I thought you were younger than me..... emoji13.png

I am, I still have a number of days to go before I'm 40 (367!) 

I'm too old for Radio 1's target audience and I didn't like it after Chris Moyles left, so I left too.

:D

I am, I still have a number of days to go before I'm 40 (367!) 

I'm too old for Radio 1's target audience and I didn't like it after Chris Moyles left, so I left too.

Age is all relative!! Only as old as the women you feel (legally!!!!). So I'm a few years younger than ya!!! Innit!!! Booakasha!!!!

535i Andrew likes this

14 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

To store an address, you need to enter the destination and start navigation - the address you've just entered will now be stored in "Recent destinations". Then, as if entering a new destination,  go to "Enter new destination" then "Recent destinations" highlight the address you want to store in a preset and then press and hold the chosen preset button until stored. 

Sorted, thank you.  I was obviously trying to store it too late in the process on the 'start' option.  I now have 6 of the keys set up how I want, with 2 spare for the time being

I was having a play with these this morning. I have 8 stored as engine oil level check, 7 tyre pressure reset, 1 and 2 as respectively BBC dab radio stations. 6 is still set to some teuchter radio station that the previous owner from Aberdeen set it too.  I have a couple of the others set as radio stations.

What would be handy is if you could have the park position for the wipers stored. It's always a faff, ignition on then off, press and hold wiper blade as invariably I get the order wrong and end up looking how to do it up in the on board handbook before I wash it.

SuperDave likes this

1 - Phone book

2 - Radio 2

3 - Local bilge

4 - Radio 4

5 - Local bilge

6 - Local bilge

7 - Zooms split screen map to 450 yds

8 - Zooms map to 125 yds

On 7/26/2017 at 8:38 AM, Matthew Ashton said:

Address in 1

Entertainment split screen in 8

Split screen Map Arrow view in 7

Journey Computer split screen in 6

Tone settings in 5 (for when we go on holiday and I move the sound just to the front so it doesn't interfere too much with the girls watching videos in the rear)

Position info split screen in 4 for height above sea level and direction

As a new owner who thought home phone number and address saving was smart, I had no idea you could do all that. I'm off to the drive to have a play!

Matthew Ashton likes this

On 26/07/2017 at 8:38 AM, Matthew Ashton said:

Set this to #6 today when driving the littl'un about, so that she and only she could/had to listen to the Peppa Pig songs. I was content with the engine.

Matthew Ashton likes this

Seems you can store just about anything. Yesterday I stored the "Spoken Instruction" toggle for the SATNAV. Sometimes I want SATNAV directing me but without the constant blabbering from the very small but posh woman inside my head unit. (Note: not my head!)

I have gone for ringing home, navigating home, trip computer, sound settings and tyre pressures on mine so need to think of 3 more. I see people have stored various split screen settings and that seems an excellent candidate for my 3 vacant slots.