r17019

Breakout box

6 posts in this topic

Hi Richard, I'm wondering if you have, or plan to get some breakout boxes for the IV? If so, could you let me know the price and postage to Adelaide Australia please.

As another possibility, is there such a thing as a DAB radio that would work with the IV in Australia? I have the PXA-H100, 420I,  CHA-S643, IV, and a 410c so I still have spare inputs to plug things into.

Or could I put the radio output (via an LOC) into one of the the RCA inputs of the 410c? If this is possible I think it's the way I would prefer to go and I guess it would keep the other signals (iPod and CHA-S643) "cleaner" as well.

I don't have factory  NAV, or Bluetooth so I don't need to worry about hearing any of those commands through the system.

Cheers

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Edited by r17019
Additional info

If Richard doesn't have one, the one I bought off him last year and he posted to Sydney is still in its packet as my E39 Touring was written off and my replacement E39 has factory DSP.

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, Australia uses DAB+ which the TUA-T100DAB won't receive and there isn't any other DAB tuner that will interface with an Intravee.

I'm using a TUA-T550HD and yes, it won't receive HD Radio but what it does allow is to see Intravee data display whilst using radio and RDS which only the very late BM53's display. It also has better sound clarity than a BM53.

r17019 likes this

Ahh cool, so it will still pick up the standard stations? Although I'm guessing it will not be an easy thing to find grrrr.

Just thinking about it a bit more, if I was to plug the BM24 (I know it's not as good as the 53, but used to be the Oceania version which was absolute crap lol so at least it's an upgrade from that) radio into the 410c (Via an LOC), I may not be able to control it if I needed to select the input from the IV 'menu' unless the PXA would stay on the last selected input and then I would just need to select the input it was connected to before changing back to FM on the dash unit (Boardmonitor). Somehow I doubt this would be the case though. But am definitely interested in the B/O Box if you have no further use for it.

Edited by r17019

Yes, it gets standard stations and displays station names, artists and songs.

They come up regularly on EBay.com

I can't answer the question about the PXA staying on the FM input because I never fitted mine, but as you say it's doubtful that will work.

I think@richardp needs to chime in here.

PM me for the B/O box.

Sorry to be late in picking up this thread, been on holiday then here and there!

I do have, or can make up, a Breakout Box if you want one, let me know if you still want one and I'll PM you the details.  Currently the UI does not exist for the AI-Net processors with the single line systems (MID, Busienss etc), it will still work, change volume etc. and use the BMW DSP interface to change settings, but you can't easily change the PXA specific options. 

There is no Alpine DAB+ solution, the TUA-T100DAB is too old and can't be upgraded (well, anything is possible, but it would take significant effort to do so).

The TUA-T500HD and TUA-T550HD will tune to regular FM stations, their frequency step is that of the USA so they don't work well in the UK, not sure about Australia, but if RosieE39/2 has it working then I guess the step frequency step there must be the same a the USA.  The TUA-T550HD does show RDS text info, again it does not work well in the UK so I've never been able to test it properly, but in theory it works.  The TUA-T500HD does not support RDS text. 

Thanks for the reply Richard, I figured you were likely away. Have sourced a BO Box from Rosie.

Now just to plug it all in and fire it up.