ColinE39

2001 E39 530i Sport auto £2200 SOLD

NOW SOLD

E39 BMW 530i
Titanium Metallic Silver
113600 miles
Fully stamped history
MOT Feb 2018

I've only just purchased this car, unfortunately I (stupidly) did not realise that I cannot use my no claims discount on two cars (already have a family car) therefore making this one super expensive for me to insure, even at my age.

The car is in overall great condition. It has a fully stamped history and has had a lot of preventive maintenance. It's had a refurbished gearbox and new radiator and 4 Dunlop Tyres purchased in December 2016 that have covered less than 1000 miles. The bodywork has minor marks commensurate with it's age but nothing out of the ordinary. Almost everything's works perfectly. There are a couple of faults that I am aware of:

The memo button on the radio is loose.

The front cup holders do not work.

The right rear ABS sensor requires replacing. It intermittently comes on the dash but will go off when the car is switched off and on again. It has just been diagnosed. The asking price reflects the work not being done. The sensor is £70 for a genuine BMW one and it's 40 minutes work to change it.

I love this car and am gutted I have to sell it, but there's no way I can justify paying a hefty premium to insure it. That said the vehicle is insured at the moment and will be till it sells. I wouldn't buy a car without test driving it and I wouldn't expect anyone else to. Please make sure you are insured to drive other cars though if you want to come see it.

The interior and sunroof photos are from the ad in June. I'm getting some better shots of it soon! 
The vehicle is now on Y653 UBY
Please call me on 07875387217 for more info. The car is available now.

I'm asking £2200 for it, I will consider offers but don't want to lose too much of my original purchase price! 

Thank you

IMG_4811.PNG

IMG_4809.PNG

IMG_4808.PNG

IMG_4968.JPG

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5116.JPG

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

Edited by ColinE39

Looks a lovely car @ColinE39

I'm sure it'll sell at that price no problems, hell, I'd have snapped that up if it were for sale when I was looking not so long back before I bought my currently 530i!

Are you sure you've tired ALL insurance avenues like that have been mentioned on your post in General (classic insurance etc)?!

10 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Looks a lovely car @ColinE39

I'm sure it'll sell at that price no problems, hell, I'd have snapped that up if it were for sale when I was looking not so long back before I bought my currently 530i!

Are you sure you've tired ALL insurance avenues like that have been mentioned on your post in General (classic insurance etc)?!

Thank you, yes I have tried everything, to the point of being a bit fed up of it! Looking to get an actual 25 plus year old classic now so I can get reasonable insurance, no one can quote me reasonably in this.

On 21/07/2017 at 6:16 AM, mastacrx said:

With the reconditioned gearbox this is really good price!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

And it's sold, sadly!

I know I'm (too) late to this but I had my E39 on a classic policy. There isn't an age where cars automatically become 'classic', it depends on the make and model (you can get brand new cars insured as a classic).

My policy was with Footman James.

On 26/07/2017 at 2:12 AM, grapefruit said:

I know I'm (too) late to this but I had my E39 on a classic policy. There isn't an age where cars automatically become 'classic', it depends on the make and model (you can get brand new cars insured as a classic).

My policy was with Footman James.

Tried them and they wouldn't touch me 

15 hours ago, *jimmyj* said:

What's the mpg on these?

19-21 around town, 28-32 on a run. I had 35 mpg out of my old 530i before and 40 out of the 528i, but it was very boring.

1 hour ago, *jimmyj* said:

Would you be interested in a PX? I have a Saab aero 93 2.8t v6 on 88,000 miles service history. Can talk in more detail if you are.

Oh.. awkward, it's sold I'm afraid! As mentioned above