Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liam79

Don't you just hate it when...

10 posts in this topic

That moment when you drop down the DSP sub...

20170715_151206.thumb.jpg.9d3c2959f804df29a6fa40743935de22.jpg

Remove rear seats, centre headrest mount and c-pillar trims so you can get the parcel shelf out...

20170715_151225.thumb.jpg.f5cc80eedb99093b88bff749b58d3dcf.jpg

Then you realise oh, the centre brake light bulb actually comes out that little flap in the boot! A 5 SECOND JOB YOU STUPID MUPPET!!!

And I was sooo close to avoiding wasting all that time too - after dropping the sub earlier I remembered from last time I took the parcel shelf out - yeah it's those three big bolts to undo the blind - don't need to touch those two little ones in the middle, they're just something to do with that little plastic box with... something in it. YEAH WITH THE BRAKE LIGHT BULB IN IT MUPPET!

Anyone else done anything that stupid to make me feel better?

Edited by Liam79
duncan-uk and NuckingFuts like this

Ouch!! Gotta say - that sucks more! Feel for ya! :)

NuckingFuts likes this

It's a brand new new build house as well, only been in 2 weeks just put a mirror up she says yeah alright some big bloody heavy one thought I would try those gripit plaster board fixings bloody stupid things 🤔

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NuckingFuts likes this

My Mrs moaned about a squeaky board in the kids bedroom.

They were away so I thought right I'll sort this. 5 screws through the board into each joist. That should hold it.

4 went through the heating pipe and the 5th the bt line screwing both the phone and internet. 4 weeks to get back on line after hours on hold.

Board still squeaks....

In a similar vein, I spent hours once trying to figure out why the dashboard was telling me to check the brake lights, I checked for bad connections, cleaned up the bulb holders, plugged the laptop in and had a look if there was anything showing on inpa, I even went and bought new bulbs in case there was some strange resistance issue with the current bulbs even thought they worked. Then, when I was stood there looking at the car, scratching my head because I had run out of ideas my gaze suddenly fell on the centre brake light....................

................and I felt like a bell-end.

Edited by NWJW
Liam79 likes this

In a similar vein, I spent hours once trying to figure out why the dashboard was telling me to check the brake lights, I checked for bad connections, cleaned up the bulb holders, plugged the laptop in and had a look if there was anything showing on inpa, I even went and bought new bulbs in case there was some strange resistance issue with the current bulbs even thought they worked. Then, when I was stood there looking at the car, scratching my head because I had run out of ideas my gaze suddenly fell on the centre brake light....................

................and I felt like a bell-end.

Done that on my smax not to long ago

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I bought an E30...#FacePalm 

chicaneuk likes this

I dug out some screed down to the celotex insulation, re-screeded fairly well, waited a month to cure and then poured 3 buckets of very carefully mixed and expensive self levelling compound out in our hallway a couple of weeks ago to correct the floor levels between extension and original house, good job I thought until it found a hole or two through to the outside world through the block and beam floor and all went out the hole whilst i was there trying to plug holes with fingers/panicking about how to stop it/swearing at myself and the world in general! :)! Not happy!

Liam79 likes this