cubbyq

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Drone plus Extras

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Have been debating whether to sell this, and I've not go the time to get into it, so I'm putting this up for grabs, please read the full description, as I've tried to be as detailed as possible!

I bought it used last year with the original owner being a bit of a pro drone pilot/cameraman, having had three almost identical setups!

It's a 'real' drone, with first-person-view capability, meaning you bluetooth your phone to the controller, and then can fly it off within about a 1 mile radius, using the phone's screen to see where it's going!

I played about with it a bit last summer, and after having what I thought wasn't a particularly heavy landing, the camera's gimble broke, and the camera rolled to my feet!

I have tried to repair it, as it's a common accident to have, and as such, you can get replacement PCB cables from eBay, which I bought and fitted, however the camera gimble just goes mental when it's switched on...another known issue after an accident, which apparently just needs the movement sensors realigning so it knows where it is...tried that using online guides and the software but to no avail.

So, it went back into the cupboard until the beginning of the good weather... I wanted to try it again, so took it to Droneworx in Wolverhampton and paid to have it serviced and checked out, along with the hope of them being able to fix the camera. They did service it, however the couldn't fix the camera, and so told me I could either spend loads on a new one, or simply use it without the camera and fly it within physical visual distance, as it's all fine.

I've not had the time to get back into it due to other commitments with work, and a new hobby which needs funding, so I've decided to sell it.

You've had the bad bit, so now's the good part!

Apart from the broken camera (which I quick look on eBay is now showing them being sold as spares for anywhere between £130-£200), it's in excellent condition.

It comes with the following accessories:

• Professional lightweight flight case, with laser cutouts for all components and drone (I know this does it's job, as it came back from South Africa in it!)
  • 3 x Genuine DJI batteries (all in excellent condition)
  • Original genuine controller
  • Newer style genuine controller with USB charging, rather than batteries
  • FPV Bluetooth adapter
  • Bracket for phone
  • Bracket for iPad
  • Charger
  • Carbon fibre camera landing gear plate
  • DJI LK24-BT Data Link (don't know what this is for, but I think it's so you can do something like ride a bike and the drone will follow you!)
  • Training blade guards

5968794395c33_Phantom2.JPG.2f34aeee829efd379ea93a39edd02d6d.JPG

All the accessories along are worth hundreds, without taking the drone into account!

£275.00 including postage, and taking into account PayPal charges - £250.00 cash, collected.

I'm happy to PM any of you my eBay ID so you can check out my feedback - I don't mess about, and all I ask is the same from buyers ;)

Cheers,

Nick

Nobody interested?

Would be happy to take a realistic offer, as I've been told by SWMBO to sell it to fund my drysuit purchase...

Just to reiterate, the issue with the camera doesn't affect the drone's ability to fly, and lots of people replace them with third party gimbles to fit better cameras, such as GoPro...

I also have a few hifi bits for sale, PM me if interested...

Cheers,

Nick

I've thought about looking into this as a hobby but the new regulations coming regarding registering and training etc is a bit off putting until we know exactly what they are going to do and how much it'll cost. I assume your drone being a pro thing will be above the weight limit? My other concern is i live within a mile of an airport so popping outside for a bit of practice might be a problem? GLWTS.

Morning nomis,

Funnily enough, seeing that report on the news yesterday regarding the new (and needed) regulations made my mind up to actively sell it, as, after getting no interest on here I was thinking of keeping it... I've not got the time or funds to take lessons and get a licence for a hobby I've hardly got time to spend on anyway...

It's a pro drone and is quite a heavy beast, so guess you would need a licence moving forward.

I've listed it on eBay and it's got a couple of bids already, so it'll go for whatever it goes for!

Cheers,

Nick

Loadmaster and Nomis like this

I work for the CAA. If you want some guidance on all this drone stuff just let me know.

cubbyq likes this

Thanks bud, if it hadn't sold on eBay last week, then that would have been helpful!

Cheers,

Nick

Loadmaster likes this