Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BarryM

Dartford crossing

11 posts in this topic

Just used the Dartford crossing for the second time in 12 months and can't believe I can't pay the charge online or register online. As a casual user I'd expect to be able to log on and pay but you have to contact by phone or post as this link doesn't work: www.gov.uk/dart­charge

I can't believe the gov.co.uk site can have the incredibly easy road tax online payment system that people only need to use once a year and also this crap Dart system that many people must have to use but is a real time wasting pain in the arse. A lot of effort to pay a measly £2.50 (although if I was using it regularly I would really resent paying £2.50 every time I crossed)!

On the 2 occasions I've used it (the first being at 6:01am apparently :rolleyes: yeah right! In real time it was 5:50am! ) I paid online, we got a nice letter through the door stating because we went through the "dart charge" at some time around the 6am start time they where charging us a nice £70 I think it was or we could pay the £2odd if it was our first time! We didn't even cross the frigging river! We were going the channel tunnel! Feckers! 

The second time I actually forgot to pay within the 24hrs (this time I did use the bridge or the tunnel!) but paid a few hours after again via online and no fine! :) 

15 minutes ago, BarryM said:

and can't believe I can't pay the charge online or

I was referring to this point.

However I just press the Green start button and then the second option is to setup an online account 

Just now, nealpina said:

I was referring to this point.

However I just press the Green start button and then the second option is to setup an online account 

OK, thanks. Maybe I've had a long day and missed something obvious so I'll take another look when I've calmed down.

nealpina likes this

Well, I've just had a quick play using Opera on my phone using the link provided by @nealpina and it seemed to be incredibly easy to set up an account?

I found it very easy to add additional cars too. To the OP: have another go after you've had a relaxing cuppa or something, you'll crack it :)

Edited by e60neindanke
nealpina likes this

cheers guys i forgot to pay mine today, just did thanks again.

At least my rant wasn't in vain and I now know how pay as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e60neindanke and 711jrp like this

Oh also you've got 3 days to pay it! 

Been told that by someone who lives within dartford and they pay the yearly thing to use it.

;) 

Ever since they removed the tolls booths, I get news feeds of an accident practically shutting the M25 almost every week sometimes more frequently then that and so the queues are no different from when the booths were there. 

I had to cross it on my bike Friday and had to filter from Junction 3, not pleasant in 31 deg heat.