Piper

Plumbers! Simple question

You need a proper connection sorting, under mains pressure, anything less will pop off! 

Get a local plumber to sort it as a foreigner etc... Will prob take them 20mins!

9 hours ago, bmwtransit said:

You MUST also get the insert that goes into the plastic pipe.It could be fine for months/years but all of a sudden it will blow the fitting off without it.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/hep2o-hx60-15ws-smartsleeve-pipe-inserts-15mm-10-pack/3158f

Best way with these it to heat them up; slid the insert in and then let it cool down and it'll clamp around the insert

As said above though; unfortunately, it will blow off at some point or leak; they're just not that good!

I would also say that connection looks to be a very tight angle, although the braided hose bends you don't want it to kink so adding a 90 degree elbow on the plastic pipe would be my recommendation.

1 hour ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Best way with these it to heat them up; slid the insert in and then let it cool down and it'll clamp around the insert

I've never had an issue with these tbf and have never heated them.

I'm struggling to tell exactly what the grey pipe is?

It might be the green collar thing that is confusing me as that doesn't look like a fitting I've seen or used before.  Or just the way the photo's been taken makes the perspective different.  

Is it ~15mm in diameter?  If yes then I would go with what sshooie said above and you need to get the correct insert for the plastic pipe, but be careful as different types of plastic pipe has different inserts.  I struggled with inserts on one particular job then went back to the plumbers merchant and was given a smaller metal insert as I wasn't aware there was a difference as I was brought up on proper plumbing stuff with 15mm and 22mm copper pipe which I still use to this day on all my plumbing jobs.  No need for inserts to restrict the flow at every joint.

The pipe is 15mm Hep2 O (o not zero) the green thing is a grab ring that holds the fitting to the pipe. As You havent got the rest, snip this off and remove the nut that is still on the pipe in the pic. You must fit a liner then you can put on a compression fitting or another push fit fitting with 1/2" thread to take the hose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk