Nomis

idrive playing up.

Yeah yeah I know this has been covered loads of times :rolleyes:

Anyway, my mate bought a cheap 2005 E60 530d yesterday. On the test drive the professional idrive worked fine. To be fair the guy did say it might start to play up and sure enough it did on his way home. I have been doing a lot of searches on this and somethings come up a few times suggesting the bluetooth module can make the idrive act like this when it craps out. Before taking the ccc unit out and getting it repaired I just want to eliminate everything else that could be causing problems. Theres also a white module in the boot under where the spare wheel would be that can get wet so I'll be checking that for him. 

Anyway, it seems the bluetooth module location changed at times so where would his be on a 2005 car?

Yeah that's what I thought but not seeing the car until tomorrow so thought I'd ask. Anybody got a decent place to get the ccc module repaired?

Just had mine repaired £250 from Sami in Barnet dropped off Friday collected Saturday morning great service. But check the module in spare will pane for water damage first. You don't mention what's happening with the unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chu said:

Revtronics qouted £190.

Doesn't sound right? I thought they were in the £400 area?

I guess it depends what's wrong with it .........

Just to add, I got mine repaired and updated via a guy on eBay. 

Ive also replaced the BT module twice on my car, but when it failed I don't remember having any real issues with the idrive. 

When this happened to me i just removed all connections from mulf (bluetooth) unit and all was well just no bluetooth. 

My idrive kept freezing and shutting down worked perfectly after disconnected bt unit. 

Doesn't sound right? I thought they were in the £400 area?

I guess it depends what's wrong with it .........

Depending where you go, revtronics far to expensive for what they do they've cornered the market and keep prices inflated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried disconnecting the BT module but it made no difference. It was working alright this morning when he went out then after he got home he went back out to it and its dead again. It looks like it's trying to boot up because it comes on with the BMW logo then the screen goes liney then white then black. 

Tried disconnecting the BT module but it made no difference. It was working alright this morning when he went out then after he got home he went back out to it and its dead again. It looks like it's trying to boot up because it comes on with the BMW logo then the screen goes liney then white then black. 

Long shot but try removing any dvds and cds from the drives, just in case it's failing to boot due to issues reading the disks.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The battery seems fine but both terminals were very loose and the retaining bar was not fitted but was rattling round in the boot! Making me wonder if somebody has just thrown a battery on it just to sell it, very weird why you wouldn't at least tighten the terminals up! If thats the case I presume it needs coding even if it's not new? I know this has nothing to do with the idrive.......thats goosed!

If it's not new i dont think you will need it coded .

Is there a date on battery? 

Just tighten every thing up.

Was ibs cable still connected. 

Edited by marko530d

Ah, just googled it. Funnily enough it was connect to the battery but there is a little blue plug that's part of it up near the back of the light which was unplugged!!! I reconnected it because I couldn't work out why it would be disconnected.