Mashed Potatoes

What's being worked on today?

I've met with one of my tuning partners this morning whilst he was in the UK just for a catch up and he's get me up to speed on some of the new engine tunes (they're always being revised, never any dramatic changes, just the odd little tweak here and there) one of which is for the F10 M5 and M6, be it the regular M5 or M6, the 30 year edition model or the Competition model. They're all the same engine underneath.The stage 1 and 2 tunes have been tweaked a touch, they've had a M5 in for stage 3 development work which allowed them to do some more work on stage 1 and 2. 

Original power: 560BHP and 680Nm torque

Stage 1: 680BHP and 850Nm of torque (120BHP and 170Nm increase)

Stage 2: 720BHP and 920Nm of torque (160BHP and 240Nm increase - full decat required)

The car would be required for the full day (due to the two ECUs being water cooled, they're not straight forward to remove) and both ECUs need to be drilled to allow access inside.

Stage 1 would start from (depending on any optional extras like pops and bangs) £430 + VAT

Stage 2 would start from £480+VAT and decat downpipes can also be supplied and fitted - we have a full workshop. Please contact for more information. 

No takers? :( it probably was quite difficult! I REALLY want one of these though! Mapped with full decat. Sounds like a mobile thunderstorm.

DSC_7945-Edit.jpg

Should probably add to the engine management light wasn't on when mapping was finished - a result of the decat!

DSC_7947.jpg

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

Looking at it, i thought what a horrible dash, seeing it's an American car explains all. I've yet to see a decent American dash board.

33 minutes ago, Blobby said:

Looking at it, i thought what a horrible dash, seeing it's an American car explains all. I've yet to see a decent American dash board.

Joys of being GM ownership. I was sat in it thinking I'm sure I've seen that centre screen and indicator stalks, light controls etc in an Insignia. I can forgo the interior just for the noise though. We have it for a week so I want to try and record the sound as it flies by. 

It does have a GET OUT OF MY WAY front end though. I did one junction up the motorway in it (just cruising so the gearbox would come back to normal) and EVERYONE moved out of its way to let it past!

They put all the effort into making the outside look good, then raid used bits of airfix kits to get the plastic to make the shit interior

Agree with Blobby, looked like something from the 80s.

At least they made amends with the exterior.

Not quite today, but one from the end of this week at my partners place.

This is a 197BHP 3.0D E60 with a small hybrid turbo (but still standard injectors). He originally went to another company and paid a considerable sum of money to have the turbo mapped in and was promised huge gains. He was not completely happy, so it came in to be checked. The car ran 17BP LESS than the original mapper showed on their rolling road print out. A stock file was stuck on it and run just to see if the car was down on power to begin with but as you can see it wasn't, if anything it was a touch up with the DPF being out. It was then tuned again from scratch after the decision was made to not try to fix the original file. Now it's making the power it should for considerably less money. Stock, the first tuners attempt and ours are on this graph. For any more, realistically the injectors would need to be changed.

b4eff822-3ea4-4e55-9e5e-04a668d83ec4.jpeg

Yesterday saw a Audi A3 1.6TDi for ECU unlock to be read and written through the OBD port and tune, and a Focus ST to be cloned due to an ECU fault, with stage 1 tune and crackle on the overrun. 

DSC_8172.jpg

DSC_8173.jpg

DSC_8175.jpg

DSC_8204.jpg

DSC_8179.jpg

DSC_8196.jpg

DSC_8193.jpg

DSC_8203.jpg

Snap_003.jpg

(And yes, I do look like Sideshow Bob)

Where about in the NW are you Mr mashed potatoes? Is that where you work Harper autos? If so I know where(ish)  you are (it's a bit to far from me :( ) 

was thinking maybe popping over with my poo E91 320d (57 plate) to see what can be done with it? 

40 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

Where about in the NW are you Mr mashed potatoes? Is that where you work Harper autos? If so I know where(ish)  you are (it's a bit to far from me :( ) 

was thinking maybe popping over with my poo E91 320d (57 plate) to see what can be done with it? 

Yes dude that is where I work - Harper Motorsport is a new offshoot for them covering remaps and performance parts (supply and fit - you name it I can probably get it). Remapping is something I've done for years prior to me working here though. Is yours the 163BHP or 177BHP model? Let me know the mileage and if it's an auto or manual and I'll let you know what can be done with it. You can also post me your ECU for a remap too if that's easier - we can get it back to you the same day we work on it but that's not a cheap option. We are open Saturdays until 1 if that helps?

Unit 4 Newbridge Road

CH65 4LZ

I think it's the 163 it's auto and it's just ticked over 195k :shock: 

to be honest I'm hoping to get shut in the next few weeks/months an get a 335d ;) 

5 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

I think it's the 163 it's auto and it's just ticked over 195k :shock: 

to be honest I'm hoping to get shut in the next few weeks/months an get a 335d ;) 

Haha well in theory, everything would be OK - they're a strong engine, however nobody knows what's happened in the miles up until you bought it so obviously there's a greater risk when winding it up.

E9x 335D though... 360BHP stage 1 and 400BHP with the DPF gone :) the gearbox can be mapped too. There's a few power results in my sig.

It's been a rep Mobil, when I got it, it had 151k on it and it was motorway miles as it was big miles in between mot's 

ive stuck the rest on and mainly again motorway miles! We do quite a bit of town driving as well 

just done a thousand mile round trip to Paris in it last week, took it all in its stride at mostly 80/85mph ;) 

Yep BMW made a cracking car that's more than capable to sit on the motorway for very long periods in the E90/1 

what price am I looking at if I was to turn up with the turd and how long would it take? 

Can do any day really ;) 

The turd :lol:

£190+VAT - £228.00.

They can be pushed up to 215-220BHP but I really wouldn't advise that with monster miles. I'd recommend staying around 200BHP. It's still a big difference - they make a lot more torque too. Just give me a shout whenever :) time wise, we'd need the car for about 2 and a half hours. Cheshire Oaks shopping centre is just behind us so I can drop you off there so you're entertained! 

I don't get all this Christmas lights switch on! It's fucking NOVEMBER! 

Sorry to go off topic.....

;) 

anyway will see where we're at with regards to changing the car and will be in touch! 

Did you say there was a saving for cash payments? ;) 

1 minute ago, Yokozuna said:

I don't get all this Christmas lights switch on! It's fucking NOVEMBER! 

Sorry to go off topic.....

;) 

anyway will see where we're at with regards to changing the car and will be in touch! 

Did you say there was a saving for cash payments? ;) 

:lol: no worries. I would say come prepared and maybe flutter your eyelashes at my boss and see if he will do you any discount! ;)