Brick Top

Halo's and eyebrows only as DRL's?

Hi

I've been playing around with coding the DRL's with Carly but can't get the combination I'm looking for which is halos and eyebrows only. Is this possible by coding alone or does it require a physical mod? I can only manage to get halos only, low beams only, or all 3 together.

Thanks

Here's my car - the drls are angels and eyebrows, they were all done by the legend @baus while I was shopping. 

IMG_5895.thumb.JPG.5b068ae35c0d3c4a2abdd39c49a5aa20.JPG

That's exactly what I'm looking to do, I can get the combination as welcome lights when I unlock but not as DRL's. Was this coded or physically modified?

Is that not just normal sidelights? Eyebrows plus halos? I'm sure it was on my pre LCi E60........

No Drl selected on mine.

I'm not sure to be honest, I usually just leave the lights on Auto with drls on

I never used the auto lights setting on my E60. Did I have auto light setting on my E60... i cannae remember. :blink:

I use auto all the time in the F10 but that's to get the full effect of the adaptive Xenons.....which I didn't have on the E60, just boggo standard halogens.

These lci halogens were retro fitted by @baus (my car is pre lci) i have Lm2 and that photo was my car in auto so when its daytime the angels and eyebrows are on then when it gets dark the low beam hid comes on. I'm not sure how this was done as I was busy shopping and left him to do it. 

These lci halogens were retro fitted by @baus (my car is pre lci) i have Lm2 and that photo was my car in auto so when its daytime the angels and eyebrows are on then when it gets dark the low beam hid comes on. I'm not sure how this was done as I was busy shopping and left him to do it. 

No worries, mines LCI so at least I know know it's possible, just have to keep trying some combinations

Cheers

If you have a TRC file if you send it to me i can make changers so you can have angel eyes and eyebrows on as drl

If you have a TRC file if you send it to me i can make changers so you can have angel eyes and eyebrows on as drl

Hi, that's a very generous offer thank you. I'm not sure how to obtain this file though to be honest, is it something I can do with Carly or would I need some other cable and software?

Thanks, much appreciated

You would need cables but i can see your in west Yorkshire

Give me a pm and can possibly do it for you in person 

On 7/2/2017 at 1:00 PM, khile said:

Hi folks, new member here, but long time lurker having had an E34 and E39 previously.

I'm relatively new to coding but have done quite a bit on my E60 LCI now since getting it in June. 

I too want halos and eyebrows as DRL. I have LCI so it's LM2. I want to continue to use the Auto setting. I have tried: 

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 drl_s and tfl_s (same thing I think) but this gives halos only.

So changed SIDEMARKER_US to aktiv and PWM_SIDEMARKER_BLK_V from wert_01 (off) to wert_02 (bright) which turns on eyebrow, orange turn indicators and sidemarkers when dipped headlights come on, but does not change drl behaviour.

I would dearly like to know what setting I need to change.

Edited by keliuss

On 02/07/2017 at 15:00, khile said:

Khile, can you help to me with eyebrows on as drl. I attach the TRC file, or told me witch row to change. Thank you so much...

FSW_PSW.TRC

Its been a while since i played with the drl settings on my E60, the led angel eyes are a bit naff so i turned the option off, i do remember there are quite a few options when i was coding drl's in Carly i.e

rear lamps on or off

instrument lighting on of off

etc...

I can have a look at your trace file later today when i finish work.

Khile offered to look at my trace file in a pm. I haven't heard back so assumed he had no luck or couldn't remember how to do it as it had been a while. I think using tfl_s is an instruction to use a specific light as drl. In this case the _s is angel eyes. So I wondered if I could add another underscore with the correct letter or code for the eyebrows. Like tfl_s_eybr*. That's obviously just an example as I don't know what the code for the eyebrows* is.

For reference the settings options below are about all I could find on other forums about it:

Angel Eyes as DRLs

VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS
drl_tfl_off daytime running lights disabled
drl_s usa daytime running lights with dedicated lights
drl_h usa daytime running lights with high beams
drl_l usa daytime running lights with low beams
tfl_s european daytime running lights with dedicated lights

DRL_TFL_SML_33 DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS WITH SIDE MARKER LIGHTS
nicht_aktiv 
aktiv

The DRL also needs a change in the M-ASK or CCC:

DAY_RUN_LIGHT