slam

Kwik Fit MOT

15 posts in this topic

I took my wee Corsa in for an MOT last month at Kwik-Fit. The car failed on a suspension items and the handbrake. I was well outside the 10 days for returning the car, I tried to book it into the same garage for a new MOT but they had no slots so I ended up taking the car to another Kwik Fit a few miles away.

The car passed on Monday, great I thought, until I was standing at the rear of the car yesterday and noticed the left rear wheel pointing inwards towards the top. I took off the wheel and noticed a significant amount of play.

Time to view photos...

I took the car back to Kwik Fit, they are claiming I've hit a pot hole after the MOT and would have failed the car if the wheel was inwards. They also claimed it would have failed the rolling road test, I got them to test it again and it passed to my amusement. I thought a gaping hole and a some massive cracks would have been an advisory on perhaps one out of the two Kwik Fit MOT's I've had in the last 30 days.

IMG_6704.JPG

IMG_6713.JPG

Edited by slam

Kwick fit are a bunch of knobs...I would never take my car there...last time I did there usless mechanics could not undo the bolts to track my car...and I had to loosen the nuts for them...

On top of that they nealry dropped my car off the ramp...

Good luck hope you get it sorted...however I doubt a pot hole would cause that

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm amazed people use kwik wank for anything other than the emergency Sunday tool/oil/cleaning product....

WOW just WOW! 

I used them for an air-con recharge once (and once only!) After leaving the garage I noticed a funny singeing smell that got stronger the further I drove. I eventually stopped and lifted the bonnet to be greeted by a gout of flame where the twat who had carried out the work had left an oily rag draped over the exhaust manifold. I was only glad it caught fire when I lifted the bonnet, not 10 minutes later when I was on the M6!

17 hours ago, Yokozuna said:

I'm amazed people use kwik wank for anything other than the emergency Sunday tool/oil/cleaning product....

WOW just WOW! 

This^!

Only ever use Kwik Fraud on a weekend in an emergency and that is for tyres and only after taking the wheel off the car in question and taking it to them in another car.

Ive seen cars jacked up by their tow bars sat my local one.......

My mother had a Corsa B that was exactly the same, over a few weeks I noticed that it seemed to be sitting lower and lower on one side with the angle of the wheel increasing. I felt very guilty that I'd let her drive the car over those few weeks as when I had a poke about underneath I found a very rotten rear beam as per the picture above.  

And Kwik Fit !? They shoudn't be allowed to use that name under the trade descriptions act! I dropped a wheel with a blown out tyre from one of our works there one morning with the promise that it'll be repaired by the afternoon. I go back six hours later and the knackered wheel is still where I left it. The guy says he's waiting on authorization from the lease company, it must have pissed him off when I said you've had six hours to get authorization 'cause after half an hour I walked back in to find the wheel STILL where I left it and three 'mechanics' stood around it talking. Only after me then getting quite stroppy did they then decide to put a new tyre on it. We don't use Kwik Fit anymore.....  

Also, if these two Kwik Fit branches think it's ok to pass a car with a serious safety issue like that then they both need reporting to VOSA (or whatever they're called these days).

Edited by NWJW
aspotofbother likes this

Update...

I have my Corsa back after Kwik Fit admitted it should have failed. They have replaced the rear axle, brake pipes and anything else that didn't come apart easy, all free of charge. I still had to take the car back again as they hadn't adjusted up the handbrake properly. Needless to say I'll be jacking the car up and checking everything out.

I  have to give credit to the area manager for taking responsibility and proposing an amicable solution.

SuperDave likes this

3 minutes ago, slam said:

Update...

I still had to take the car back again as they hadn't adjusted up the handbrake properly. 

:lol::lol::lol:  

im amazed you let them touch it, AGAIN!!!! 

:lol::lol::lol: 

Yeah lol 

But to be fair, they didn't break it in the first place but they certainly paid the price for missing it.

As much as it grates with me, if someone has made a £&@?ing mess of something you have to let them have the opportunity to put it right. Kwik Fraud here were given the opportunity to put it right at their expense which they did, the still made a Jeremy Hunt out of though, having to go back and get the handbrake sorted.

Still you don't go to Kwik Fraud unless dire Sunday afternoon emergency.

It's good that they sorted it, there's no denying that. BUT, they've only done it to cover their arse IMO. I'll bet if it was something they could have wriggled out of, they would have tried to.

Kwik Fit is staffed by imbeciles.  I called to get a price for a cat back exhaust for my Daughter's Citroen C1.  Laughing boy on the end of the phone sounded like he was on tranquillisers, but told me he'd have to see the car.  "No", I said - "you don't.  I'm not asking you to make a decision about what I need here, I just want a price for the whole thing.".  he couldn't do that, just said " Uhh..... about £250 maybe, eh?"  End of conversation.

I had no such problem getting a price from others, and ended up with a price from National of £151.20 fitted and guaranteed.

My local KwitFit is okay, I've got on well with most of the managers although the current one is a proper missing link type. They do air con recharges okay, tyre swaps and I can normally wangle a great deal on new tyres. They occasionally lend me stuff when I'm in the shit with a job - they're an alright bunch. 

Credit where it's due to be fair. I wish the Inverness lot were like that.