d_a_n1979

A few questions re head-unit install - E39

How the hell do you remove the cage that holds the OEM cassette/radio headunit it; saw the 4 screws (2 on each side, inside), but it's still stuck fast... Where else do I need to unscrew?!

Re a replacement unit; when I unplugged the unit to get the Parrot kit out; this is the plug that goes into the back of the OEM head-unit:

oemplug.jpg

it's not a familiar connection to me. Is there an adapter I need to connect it to the likes of a Kenwood head-unit or similar?!

nonoemplug.jpg

Do the Xtrons/Eonon head-units or similar Android units come with the necessary adapter etc?!

Getting myself more & more confused :lol: Car hifi/electronics are NOT my strong point!

Edited by d_a_n1979

Hi dan this Takes me back to when I did my eonon unit. I too the whole lower dash off to get the cage pit plus it made it much easier to run wires etc.

I don't think I would have got the cage out otherwise as it's recessed in at the sides.

Your connection looks like a normal flat pin one I think so it should connect straight up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When you say lower dash; do you mean the aircon control unit etc; or the actual knee bar that runs where the glovebox is etc?

Any suggestions/instructions?!

Lower dash as everything around the glovebox and around the stereo. It was actually easier when I did it to wire and connect the head unit into the removed dash trim and then reinstall the whole thing in one piece

There's some screws around the glovebox, at the side and under the dash trims from memory. Not hard but quite time consuming

Can anyone further confirm what ISO lead I'll need to connect an aftermarket head unit (i.e. Kenwood etc)?

Every time I do a search; it brings up the 17 round pins, but nothing that looks like it'll connect to the connection that goes into the back of the OEM cassette/radio head unit! It's the first picture ^^ that is the connection I have!

Apologies if it's just me being stupid!

Cheers

All sorted, I think

Ordered the installation kit and a Kenwood Bluetooth head unit from Dynamic Sounds. 

Great to deal with over the phone and had me sorted in 5 mins! 

After all the questions and answers; he's what I've fitted :mrgreen:

kenwood.jpg

mic.jpg