bouke_m

540i INPA readings

Hi all. 

I have a 540i m62tu. I am having some trouble with it running rough. Ive plugged it in but don't really know how to decipher the inpa readings.

I have just fitted new cam chain guides and reconditioned the vanos. new valley pan gasket and inlet gaskets plus a load of other seals and stuff. Part of me thinks the timing is slightly off or maybe the vanos playing up. 

can anyone tell me if these readings are good regarding adaptions and cam\vanos?IMAG0001.thumb.jpg.b67cc63757587f4bf6096d4b63deab1c.jpg

IMAG0002.thumb.jpg.2518a28fa053ad65e1c5dec03cb0acab.jpgIMAG0002.thumb.jpg.2518a28fa053ad65e1c5dec03cb0acab.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

P.S. It runs well the majority of the time but intermittently runs rough particularly at partial throttle around 60/70mph. Idle is sometimes good then rough too. 

Don't know about the cam/vanos readings as mine is a non vanos car but the rest looks ok to me. 

Have you got a screen shot of the analog 1 and smoothness values?

If it's intermittent I wouldn't have thought it was related to the chain change unless you've not properly located an electrical connector or vac hose.

thanks for the reply. it was due to the injectors for the LPG being wrongly numbered, odd number on one bank and even numbers on the other bank rather than 1-4 and 5-8. amazing it ran as well as it did. Only intermittently rough. Its running great now. Thanks. B