Sign in to follow this  
Lennox

Buffing

Just bought a buffer to remove swirling for the Black GTD, what wax/polish am invest using???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Machine buffer?

I've used Menzerna polish with great success on my BMWs and the wife's black Focus with my Megs dual action machine polisher.

The Volkswagen paint should be atleast of medium to hard so ideal for machine polishing.

Machine buffer?

I've used Menzerna polish with great success on my BMWs and the wife's black Focus with my Megs dual action machine polisher.

The Volkswagen paint should be atleast of medium to hard so ideal for machine polishing.

I think you need to show me...... please!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you click the link in my earlier post, I think  I list what I used.

Pics of my last E60 being shined up

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=83682

My gear came from Clean your Car. Polished Bliss is good for reading up on how to do stuff.  I also watched loads of videos on youtube with Porter Cable machines in the days before you could by 230V dual action machine polishers.

Sadly with the litt'un now on the scene, spending all day washing, drying, claying, polishing and sealing cars is long gone.

Oh and finishing wise, I use a sealant, rather than a wax. 

I wanted the silver paint to sparkle so the best finish after polishing was to use a sealant, rather than a wax.  Waxes are better for a 'wet look' which works well on white, black or dark colours. Yours might suit a wet look on the darker paint colour to my silver cars.   But its down to personal preference what you use.

I used Maguire's Ultimate Compound for my BMW E60 carbon Black when I first bought it. Just to help remove the deeper swirls and contamination.

There after I used Auto Gylm Super Resin polish - Its abrasive, fairly cheap, easy to use and leave sthe car shiny

regarding finishing: I used to wax and then seal it to give it a deeper shine. But just as Andrew mentioned I only use sealant on my White car.