Does anyone know if the load cover should lift and drop with the auto tailgate? Mine does not and I cannot find anything on my build sheet to say that it has it. However, others with them say they have auto boot/load cover and mine does have auto tailgate.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Thanks, looks like something on mine has not been working for a while. Could just be something seized or a failed motor.

Will try and have a look at some point

cheers

My new silencers are ready, hoping to have fitted on Saturday.

Still haven't told the wife, and not sure how I'm going to do that...

53 minutes ago, duncan-uk said:

So how did you get the M1 past the wife?

I've bought this old BMW, they hardly ever come up for sale so took advantage of the opportunity, needs a bit of work so it won't be home for about six months...

That was 6 months after buying it!

To be fair my wife is ok about things that I do, in general. But I vaguely remember telling her I bought this car as an investment due to low numbers produced and that it would stay oem to retain value.

She only found out I had got it when she was at home with her Mum and Dad in the Czech Republic and FaceTimed me so I could talk with the kids when I was just about to leave to get the train up to Birmingham to get the car! I was brave enough to pick them all up from the airport in it and she quite likes it.

Looking forward to Saturday, going to H&S so that they can fit the exhaust and modify my old silencers so that they will slip and bolt back on with ease without anyone knowing that they have ever been removed.

cheers

Wagons rule!

Just ordered and H&S zaust myself and waiting for the call that it's ready. Glad you're happy with the sound as its made it easier to placate my wife who kept saying "you've never even heard it!"

c8c89ccb-e5c5-4e7e-9588-3c7b3f5052aa_zpsxhhnnj3k.jpg

Edited by Conan

On 26/09/2017 at 1:35 PM, zarnd said:

Does anyone know if the load cover should lift and drop with the auto tailgate? Mine does not and I cannot find anything on my build sheet to say that it has it. However, others with them say they have auto boot/load cover and mine does have auto tailgate.

Any thoughts?

cheers

Check the guides where the load cover runs up and down , if it's auto loading you will see the spring / coils in there , mine played up and stopped working, I had to strip the gearbox which is on the back panel and manually reset it as one side was in the fully open position and the other one was in the closed position