Mashed Potatoes

Cover for other road rallies - Mongol Rally

Hi guys,

Once again I hope you can help me. There's a 90% change I'm doing the Mongol Rally next year the other team member just needs to arrange time away, and I am struggling hard to find an insurance company that will cover the car on one of our chosen routes. Mainly because we're going balls out and the route may incorporate a leg that runs through Iran although this is not final due to the obvious ongoing political situation. One of our aims it to tick off as many countries as possible. We're aiming for under 8 weeks. We'll be doing it in a shed of a car. The engine size limit is 1.2. We're going to be looking at a Corsa or a Micra or something like that. Cheap and easy to fix/botch at the side of the road.

The rough route so far in order of countries across the continent are:

UK

France
Germany
Poland

The route will be the same up to this point. We will either chose to go north or south of the Caspian Sea at this point. South is red, north is blue.
Ukraine

Russia (we are stopping in Moscow)

Azerbaijan

Iran

Turkmenistan

Uzbekistan

Kazakhstan

Back into Russia for the finish line at Ulan Ude

Or

Lithuania

Latvia

Russia

Ukraine

Moldova

Romania

Bulgaria

Turkey

Georgia

Back into Russia

Kazakhstan

Back into Russia for the finish line at Ulan Ude

If you can help or if you know of any insurers or brokers that may be able to assist us please do let me know! The route is subject to change depending what goes on in the world obviously, but that is a general outline of the direction we'd be heading in. I know this is an unusual request!

Thanks

Mark

Sorry, no they can't help - mostly because of the countries you'll be passing through.

If there's a group of you who want cover for the event (and even the event organisers for the participants) there's another avenue to explore.

best,

Nick