willshere112

2002 E39 540i Sport Touring for sale. 172k

21 posts in this topic

Hi 

It's sadly time to sell my 2002 540i sport touring in azure blue. 

The car runs and drives very well for the age and miliage and has been a joy to own. 

I have spent a small fortune over the two years I've owned it in maintenance a lot of major work has been carried out over the last 5000 miles including an entirely new coolant system, new cam chains and guides, new alternator and battery. New rear suspension airbags and carrier bushes, gear box service and upgraded bm54 amp. Mechanically the car should be good for a long time to come.  

Bodywork wise the panels are all straight, no dents or scratches, the front bumper is a genuine BMW e39 sport bumper and was replaced last year, it has fog lights fitted but no surrounds.  There is however some rust around the front arches and the skirts at the rear wheels. Having this sorted was next on my list but unfortunately the I've run out of time and funds to get it sorted. 

Interior is in very good condition for its age and mileage. 

Black electric leather sport seats with driver side memory settings. Electric steering adjustment, widescreen mk4 nav with 2016 maps and speed cameras, 6 disc cd changer, parking sensors front and rear,  cruise control. Automatic headlights and windscreen wipers. And dual zone aircon. 

The aircon Is currently not working due to a split in one of the pipes, easily repaired.  There are also the standard dead pixels on the dash but they never bothered me enough to have fixed 

I would be looking around £3000, I'm not overly sure what the car is worth as there aren't many around so would obviously be open to any suggestions and offers. 

I think I've covered most of the details and have tried to be as honest as possible, any questions just ask on here or call me on 07535807721 car is located in Banbury Oxfordshire. 

Many thanks, 

Dan. 

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

Yes has a 60 litre tank in the spare wheel bay for lpg, switches over to gas once warmed up. Very good system. 

Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very interested till i read the gas bit.

Why would gas be bad news?

You could own the car and never use the gas it's an independent system. You can switch it off. But there really is no difference from running it on petrol. 

Edited by willshere112

Looks a lovely car and at a great price!

GLWTS! :) 

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback, it is a nice car. 

Seems very keenly priced. Good luck!

Thanks, I can't find many other 540 sport tourings for sale so imagine it's a bit of an acquired taste and could take a while to sell. 

Thanks inkiboo , car is still available I've not advertised it anywhere else as of yet, I will putting it up on the usual sites by the end of this week. 

Edited by willshere112

I never realised Banbury was so high above sea level!!

Looks great, unfortunately there's no half measures with LPG, people either love it or won't buy a car with it due to (erroneous IMHO) perceived issues with engine wear on gas.

If it was me I'd be happy that I don't have to spend £1,500 on a decent LPG install to get user friendly Costs Per Mile.

Good luck with it, looks great for the price.

Ian

Thanks Ian, the lpg has saved me a small fortune traveling from Essex to Oxfordshire regularly, fully understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but 200 miles of  v8 motoring at £30 is a joyous thing :D

And yes it is very hilly round here! 

NuckingFuts likes this

Thanks Ian, the lpg has saved me a small fortune traveling from Essex to Oxfordshire regularly, fully understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but 200 miles of  v8 motoring at £30 is a joyous thing 

You wouldn't consider a swap with a 530d would you?

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:19 PM, willshere112 said:

Thanks Ian, the lpg has saved me a small fortune traveling from Essex to Oxfordshire regularly, fully understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but 200 miles of  v8 motoring at £30 is a joyous thing :D

I know, my knees creak loudly when cycling around there!!

On 11/08/2017 at 5:40 PM, NuckingFuts said:

You wouldn't consider a swap with a 530d would you?

No sorry, I've gone and got myself a 635d so have no need for another car.

NuckingFuts likes this

9 hours ago, grapefruit said:

Any chance of some pics of the rusty bits? What are the sills/jacking points/fuel cap area like?

Jacking points and sills are all fine, nice and solid. The car was up in the air yesterday so had a good look underneath. And there is a small amount of bubbling on the inner edge of the fuel cap area. 

IMG_1824.JPG

IMG_1825.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG