nealpina

Manchester Arena blast reports

Was just watching it on the news!

My thoughts are with all at this terrible time.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Jamworth said:

Was just watching it on the news!

My thoughts are with all at this terrible time.

Agreed

:(

Reports of 2 loud bangs and according to a girl from Hull who was there, sounds like 'gunfire' as well all of which happened just after the performance ended.

Multiple fatalities have been reported. 

Armed Police are there and trying to evacuate everyone as safely as possible in the confused aftermath. 

RIP and thoughts out to everyone there and hope there's no more to the incident 

I am starting to nod off.  19 people have died and over 50 people have been injured.

Police have said this is being treated as a terrorist incident until they know otherwise

The BBC quoted CNN.  IIRC CNN have said suicide bombers - not sure if that is true because of no UK sources.

Very sad and shocking

A second suspect device has been found.

Why is there so much evil in the world

Edited by nealpina

4 hours ago, nealpina said:

A second suspect device has been found.

Why is there so much evil in the world

At this moment, only the Yanks are trying to pin this on a suicide bomber. 

In answer to the question of evil; focus not on the perpetrator, but those who have given free taxi rides, free accommodation, volunteered to look for missing loved ones. 

Today there will be those who, for whatever reason, will seek to capitalise on this for their own twisted agenda: ignore them. The real heroes today are the good, ordinary people of Manchester pulling together and helping those who are in need, right now. There, is good triumphing over evil. 

I'm sorry but I just don't buy into this good triumphing over evil crap that pours out of the media after things like this.

The people that jumped in to help out were great and did the right thing. I'd like to think all us right minded people would do the same. But, try telling one of the 19 victims families that good has triumphed over evil because they got a lot of love and a free taxi ride home and I bet they don't see it the same way. As a father myself the only emotion I have is utter hatred and contempt for bastards like those that would deliberately target a venue packed full of children. The evil bomber won. Simple as that.

Sorry if I offend anybody.

Absolutely fucking, atrocious evil act... Yet again we're caught blind by these bastards...

RIP to those that died; my heart goes out to their families :( 

Edited by d_a_n1979

Absolutely disgusted by this. Specifically targeting kids concerts are they now? Wow, how much lower can you get? Terrible, simply terrible. My heart and thoughts are with those affected....

2 hours ago, Nomis said:

Sorry if I offend anybody.

Don't be, and you certainly don't offend me, in fact the issue is people are scared of 'offending' the snowflakes.

I know these are extremist but the world would be a far better place imo if the fictional books had never been dreamt up.

What a great thing religion is, selling something you only get when you die. sheesh!

1 hour ago, sshooie said:

What a great thing religion is, selling something you only get when you die. sheesh!

It is not even region.  My understanding is that the Quran strictly forbids the killing women and children.

If someone is religious then this evil monster will go to hell.  If you’re not religious then this coward will never receive his punishment ever in any life. 

The above doesn’t help anyone who is suffering from this evil act, and I am not trying to make any sense out of it because no one can.

Someone has been arrested in connection to this.

Edited by nealpina

Just read on Beeb that they've named the first casualty and she's a local lass to Preston as well :(

Such a shame; this is a disgusting act of absolute cowardness that was calculated and well versed...

I hope the vile bastards get what's coming to them; TBH, this is going to cause a serious reaction soon from the nations getting hit IMO!

Absolute c*nts mate... I have no words.

They even made it public and said that more will come on one of their twitter accounts...

Terrible, cowardly attack on young innocents, I sincerely hope there is no backlash in Manchester where extremists of other conviction delight in an opportunity like this act.

Manchester Imans, come out and deliver condolences and contain the idiotic rhetoric that encourages this treasonable act - capital punishment should be restored for these hideous act and all those involved.

a few years in jail with mobile phones to use plus access to wifi gives them even more opportunities to plan such acts and the hideous message they preach.

My thoughts aren't why target children, my thoughts are why target any innocent person no matter what age, everyone's lives matter. My thoughts are with everyone effected by the horrible attack. 

I really like what Nomis said, there is no bright side for the ones that lost a close one. People should be able to enjoy life without constant fear or the terrorist will win.  

5 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

BBC just announced that youngest victim was 8.  Eight, FFS!

Very :( and has made me very :angry:

12 minutes ago, 535iAR said:

BBC just announced that youngest victim was 8.  Eight, FFS!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

An old workmate of mine says he regularly picks his kids up from that venue, he is quite shaken by it all.

Another local lass to me :(

This is genuinely heartbreaking... :cry: