Guns

F11 Wheels and Lowering

Hello all!

Just purchased a 535i M Sport F11 MANUAL (in Grey) as the family car and am very excited.

Do have a couple of minor gripes.  First is the 18" standard fit wheels and the ride height which both detract from the M Sport Spec! Have two questions regarding these complaints.

With regards to lowering is there any benefit in using the H&R rear links over coding ACS to make the car sit lower? I imagine the links would still maintain full air spring functional range which must be a plus? and if it doesn't sit quite low enough I can then just code the extra drop on top of the links.  VIEWS / EXPERIENCE Very welcome!

Re: Wheels I cannot decide whether to go 19" or 20"?  Does anyone on here run 20" rims and if so is the ride reasonable? The car feels very soft at the moment but suspect this is due to the 18" wheels and subsequent high walled tyres.  Really fancy a set of 20" BBS CHR in the matt titanium to complement the Grey paint.

Looking forward to hearing peoples views and thanks in advance!

Hi people.  Will measure it this weekend, currently abroad.  Front sits super high, to the point that the front wheels appear to have zero camber!  Rear sits bit lower.  Check out the below image..... looks incredible, but obviously a personal opinion!

F11 BBS CHR.jpg

2 hours ago, Guns said:

Hi people.  Will measure it this weekend, currently abroad.  Front sits super high, to the point that the front wheels appear to have zero camber!  Rear sits bit lower.  Check out the below image..... looks incredible, but obviously a personal opinion!

F11 BBS CHR.jpg

Wow that looks great on those wheels! are they 20"s?

535iAR - very interested to hear if you have made any modifications... namely remap or exhaust? 

Was also very dissapointed to be told by Birds that there is no Quaiffe LSD for the 535i.... bummer!:(

No mods other than new locking wheel bolts on powder coated rims. Time and hard earned are being diverted to other projects at the moment.

I like the induction/exhaust sound that ive heard on 135is, I may look into doing something on that side of things. I always wanted to do something on my last E60 to make V8 a bit more vocal as it was so refined in the sound dept.

535iAR - very interested to hear if you have made any modifications... namely remap or exhaust? 

Was also very dissapointed to be told by Birds that there is no Quaiffe LSD for the 535i.... bummer!

He won't even go non RFTs, very low risk and oem!! Unlike us wiesels!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

55 minutes ago, Lennox said:

He won't even go non RFTs, very low risk and oem!! Unlike us wiesels!!! emoji12.png

Ignore him, he's been on the Buckie!

Yes I've stuck with rfts as I can't afford to be stranded as I pick the littl'un up from nursery. A point driven home just two nights ago when I had my father in law at 10pm on the phone asking to borrow a jack to allow him to remove a wheel from my sister in laws car as she has no spare, no jack but only a can of gunk which failed to seal the hole. Thus leaving her totally and completely stuck.

I like things standard, as you can go very wrong with some mods to your car.

And yes I've bitten Lennox's bait! :P

I have 21" wheels and the ride on non run flat is not too bad, but the GT has different front suspension to the F11, so not really comparable. 

OK - not got round to any measuring.  Just been on a trip to Belgium and back but below are some photos of said car, and what i nmy opinion is quite awful ride height!  And the wheels are no better :wink:

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

DSC_0344.JPG

DSC_0419.JPG

Agree about the gap. Mine is the same. Realoem show's no front spring available for my car which makes me think something is amiss from factory. Wonder what yours shows.

Mine doesn't have msport suspension (704) delete but shows same large excessive gap. Rollbars etc all correct width.

Oddly my ground clearance is slightly lower than an msport on 19s which didn't have the excessive gap but that makes no sense.

Be interested to know what your ride height and ground clearance are OP

Edited by bmwmike

43 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Realoem show's no front spring available for my car which makes me think something is amiss from factory.

Don't worry about Realoem, they never give details for springs. They don't for my F10, nor my dad's F10, nor my last E60.