Nomis

MY CARS BEEN STOLEN!

113 posts in this topic

Buy the occupancy sensor bypass off ebay,

the bulb could be a pre out warning telling you its on its way out.

Cant help with the slow issue however :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomis likes this

Makes you feel sick when you see a space where your car was.  Gutted for you.  Will share in any BMW groups I can on FB.  As said hopefully it will turn up as they are not a common sight.

Trouble is, especially in green, they are not an obvious sight so slip by unnoticed. Which is part of the appeal.

No. I rang the police yesterday but they said there hasn't been any developments I've just had the interrogation from the insurance claims team, feel like I've been put through it by the FBI!

Terrible to hear. The police were no help when my van and more recently my car trailer were stolen. In the end i ended up finding my van myself and got it back a year later. 

Fingers crossed they've parked it up somewhere to be found

Crap news mate. I hope the little c###s are caught soon.

Bad news!! Such a nice standard M3 saloon as well. Really hoping you manage to get it back. I had car stolen once (Volvo 440 Turbo) and it was gone for about a month. Eventually on the day before the claim was to be finalised and I got a call from the Police saying that had found the car and it was all in one piece. Just needed a new starter motor and ignition barrel/plastic surrounding it which I got from a breaker and car was back on the road and no claim was ever processed. Hopefully yours turns up in once piece too! 

I can't believe in this day and age of cameras everywhere that the police are not able to run a check on the registration and dates for the area.

Maybe the lack of Police is now a factor with reportedly 20000 less than in 2010. 

I notice the "Hammond" Top Gear M3 saloon has gone on the market for about £11000

ustbutler likes this

I even rang them on Sunday to tell them there's a camera on the traffic lights up the road. She said she'd get somebody to look into it........yeah right I thought . Thing is, the Robin Hood airport is about quarter of a mile away from me so you'd think with all this heightened security these days there would be cctv everywhere near airports.

ustbutler likes this

I hate to say it but I very much doubt anyone is going to look at cctv footage because what they see it as is an 'old' BMW got stolen. Not seen as a good use of police time I'm afraid. I really hope you get it back in good condition as it is a really nice rare car. Gutted for you. 

Simon

Only just noticed this thread today.  I am really sorry for you.  I know what you are going thru, my first E60 was stolen with the keys from a BMW dealer back in 2008 and I was absolutely devastated. Its really gutting to know your pride and joy that you have worked hard for has been taken by some scum bag, its a real invasion of your privacy.

I hope there is a happy outcome of this one.

Keep us all posted with the updates.

Andrew

Sorry to hear about your loss, that's terrible..... Can't stand thieving little f*&kers! I can't understand how in this day and age with all the thousands of CCTV cameras there are everywhere that they can't track it...... Or is it the police as per usual, have something far better to do like issuing parking, speeding, driving on telephone and seatbelt fines and when you actually need them, they are just not interested....:rolleyes:

I had a good friend that had some firearms stolen, and when it was reported they just didn't care......<_< The worst thing is that we knew they were "legitimately" sold on with serial numbers intact and all they had to do was look up the current registered keeper, but no you guessed it, couldn't even be arsed to do that.....<_< Considering it was a live firing Enfield .303 that had sentimental value, you would have thought they might have been slightly more motivated......But nope, they couldn't of cared less....:(

Hope you get your car back soon mate.......

Thanks guys. I am pissed off to say the least! I won't say what I'd like to do or have done if I could find them. I've posted all the documents, receipts and keys to the insurance company, there's so much of it I had to box it so that's cost £16 to post!

Another unnecessary hassle and expense when you've done nothing wrong! I feel bad for you mate.... I hope you sent it via recorded mail and have duplicates of the documents and receipts just in case it "gets lost in the system". Maybe I'm just paranoid ...... 

Either way good luck with it fella and I hope you get a decent outcome out of all this mess. I feel gutted for you and I too would be seriously pi$$ed off if some little scrote decided to half inch my pride and joy!!

My step sister works in the insurance industry so she's pretty clued about it all so feel free to pm me if you get stuck and I'll do my best to try and help out if I can.

All the best

Marc

urquattro likes this

Thanks Marc, if it doesn't go right I will do. Luckily I've got 2 keys, the purchase receipt from when I bought it 10 months ago as well as everything else so there shouldn't be any arguments with them saying I haven't sent this that or the other. 

On the subject of the substitute car, the crappy compact, I've fitted the occupancy sensor bypass thing I bought off eBay for £7 which has done the trick! one light down 2 or sometimes 3 to go! The passenger door open is nearly permanently on (could this be why the remote locking doesn't work so I have to lock it with the key?). One of the headlight bulb warning lights is on nearly always and the other occasionally. I'm not spending any money on it because it's just a temp car but you know what we're like, can't put up with warning lights even on a banger lol.

pidgeonpost likes this

have you pulled the wire block from door that goes into A pillar on compact sprayed liberally with contact cleaner and pushed / pulled apart to clean the contacts...might sort your door open message....or put a new door catch on the quarter panel side....cheap from breakers 

Nomis likes this

Just seen this Simon 

what a crap situation... little arseholes need a life lesson..

problem with your headlight check is probably a faulty LKM 

i " think" you can have the bulb check coded out with software 

Thanks Garry, yeah sure is a crappy situation.

As for the compact, it does indeed seem to be the wiring plug from the door into the A post causing the door open light. I gave it a wiggle before going to work this morning and it was fine! I don't know why I didn't think of that so thanks for reminding me fb. The headlight warning goes away after a few seconds of having the lights on strangely, what's an LKM? Light ? Monitor maybe?

As I said, this compact is just a stop gap so I'm not going to start buying things for it but if I can cure things with a couple of quid or a squirt of wd40 then I will.

urquattro likes this

Module makes it sound expensive so that'll be a job for the next owner. The lights work just fine.

code the light check out!! have you got carly etc? if you code the warnings out, no more lights, no cost either. Sell it ship shape then!

Update! I can't believe it but West Yorkshire police rang me today to say 'my' M3 has been recovered and is at a garage in Leeds! I've rung the garage and he said looking at the pictures it appears to be intact! He asked if the wing was black when I had it so I said no but was rusty and needed replacing (my next job) also they've painted the wheels gold by the sounds of it! It appears the thieving scum we're doing it up! How would they plan to use it is my question or would they be planning to stick some false plates on it and sell it to a poor unsuspecting soul? I'm amazed it's not in bits!

Hairyarse, Piper and Loadmaster like this

2 minutes ago, Nomis said:

Update! I can't believe it but West Yorkshire police rang me today to say 'my' M3 has been recovered and is at a garage in Leeds! I've rung the garage and he said looking at the pictures it appears to be intact! He asked if the wing was black when I had it so I said no but was rusty and needed replacing (my next job) also they've painted the wheels gold by the sounds of it! It appears the thieving scum we're doing it up! How would they plan to use it is my question or would they be planning to stick some false plates on it and sell it to a poor unsuspecting soul? I'm amazed it's not in bits!

Clucking RESULT!!! B) Nice one mate, bet your well chuffed with the news!! B)

Piper likes this