Mashed Potatoes

E60 remote coding required - gearbox sw update/VO change

Hi guys. 

I am looking for someone that can do a software update to my gearbox and do the associated coding when swapping to sports transmission on a 535D without paddles. More than happy to pay for this service. I just haven't got the experience with NCS Expert etc. I'm on the Wirral if anyone is local. 

I have Jimmy's software kit all installed and working so INPA etc works, and am more than happy to set remote desktop up.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

I did dude - I installed xHP gearbox software on it (which is SAT ready anyway), then coded the EGS for sport transmission, and disabled the paddles. Took a lot of playing (and going back to my A-level German!) but I worked it out in the end. :)

16 hours ago, j2112 said:

Nice work. Getting the box serviced in a fortnight and was just wondering about a sw update too .......

The software update will help without a doubt, but depending on your model year and if you have an Android based phone, I'd install xHP software on it instead. It's a far better drive than the BMW software. It'll cost you a little more but the drive afterwards is well worth it.

Can you elaborate at all on, what is xHP software, and is this applicable to a 530D with auto box - I was interested in getting software update on my auto box, but if there is a better option?

I have got a cable and software from Jimmy too.

Andy

7 hours ago, Abbadon said:

Can you elaborate at all on, what is xHP software, and is this applicable to a 530D with auto box - I was interested in getting software update on my auto box, but if there is a better option?

I have got a cable and software from Jimmy too.

Andy

xHP is remapped gearbox software. It basically takes what BMW started with, and makes it massively better. Changes are quicker and smoother, proper manual mode etc. There is more information on their website: www.xhpflashtool.com however I don't believe it is available for cars pre 2006 yet. :(