Monkfish24

E39 1996 535i PA Soft connection possible?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've tried looking around and can't find any answer, I have just bought a 1996 535, it has had new clocks at some point and they have not been matched to the mileage of the vehicle. The tamper dot is on and the mileage records no where near what it should be reading. I know you can change the mileage settings with PA soft and the VIN as I have researched this extensively. I just can't find out if it is possible to connect before I buy the adaptor cable and waste my money.

The car does not have OBD but does have the 20 pin connector in the engine bay. I have PA soft fully working on my Win 10 laptop and have bought an OBD cable before I realised it doesn't have OBD. I have googled but found nothing so far so my question is, Can I connect to the vehicles modules before I go buying the cable? I really want to get rid of all the lights on the dash and get the mileage correct as I am actually on a limited mileage policy due to me working away so mileage is quite important apart from the fact that I want this all to look correct.

I have high level OBD and MID if that makes a difference.

I use PA Soft on a '99 model with round plug using an adapter cable.

It reads all modules - I've coded the LCM but not EWS or IKE but I can't see why it wouldn't.

Monkfish24 likes this

I have also used it on older model e39s with no issues but you will need NCS to code the kombi as well as bmwscanner to correct mileage and vin.

Monkfish24 likes this

Thanks to you both!

Jimmy, do you sell the adaptor from OBD to 20pin seperately?

Ues but there not cheap ones, if you have someone elses cable and not mine then you should be able to use the cheaper ones on ebay 

as mine are wired for ignition detection.