Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DennisCooper

M550d X Drive - 395 HP, Quad Turbo, 760NM !

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Later this year the UK get's the M550d X Drive variant! Impressive figures but I don't think these examples will return anywhere the official MPG figures quoted!

Re-map anyone ! 

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/5-series/99295/bmw-m550d-xdrive-revealed-with-four-turbos

Cheers, Dennis!

NuckingFuts likes this

It will be impressively quick but as a recent thread on here proved, it's not all about torque.

Just wait till it's 10 years old and having turbo issues which no doubt will be twice as many issues as the boys who have the 535d with half the turbos are experiencing......

I'm worried about the longevity of my turbo and I've only got 1!

You should be worried Andrew, mine blew in my 14 plate F10 at 60,000 miles.  It made some spectacular smoke. The AA man told me it was because there was no oil in the sump. I asked him to guess what made that dense fog of white smoke when the turbo went....

All replaced under warranty but what a hassle...

SuperDave likes this

Just saw this, so a bit late to the party but jesus christ... this after dpf removal, decat and remap will be an M5 eater :D

Ive actually been told that the 550d won't be coming to the UK after all. Apparently BMW dealerships were told of this this week, all down to diesel gate.

540d will be most powerful diesel i suppose