RyanBuck

New alloy wheels Bmw F11

1 hour ago, RyanBuck said:

Hi guys, well they arrived this morning and I can say they fit the F11 like a dream and look fantastic.

I made the choise of going Run Flat, I know some of you might roll your eyes.

I have brand new Prelli Zero 245 and 275 fitted and after doing 60 miles today I can say they are nice and quite, no harse ride in fact I think they ride better than NON run flat and offer tons of grip.

I have to admit the front sit fine but I see what we are saying about sticking the rears out a bit so I have ordered some high quality 15mm spacer rings with the correct bolts, they are the H & R with the hub ring built in, hope this will just kick the tyres out a touch.

A very happy boy.

Sounds like you've made a happy choice. How about some pics?

I kept with the rfts and this is why.

I have to pick up the littl'un from nursery and can't be coming out to a flat tyre on my way the get her.....like I did the last time I used a works car. I have no back up (spare tyre, her mum picking her up, nor a grandparent) and I need to put the littl'un first.

They work for me but I don't drive it like I stole it nor is it pushed into bends.

I wanted the reliability. End.

I kept with the rfts and this is why.

I have to pick up the littl'un from nursery and can't be coming out to a flat tyre on my way the get her.....like I did the last time I used a works car. I have no back up (spare tyre, her mum picking her up, nor a grandparent) and I need to put the littl'un first.

They work for me but I don't drive it like I stole it nor is it pushed into bends.

I wanted the reliability. End.

Wimp!

Thank you Matt, I hope to have my rear wheel spacers Tuesday.

I think the wheels just finish the car off and being a genuine m Tec just helps that look towards the car etc

Where did you get the 19 wheels from?

They do work well with your paint colour. Well done. It's perfectly in keeping with the car. You can go very wrong with alloys but not with what you've done.

2 hours ago, 535iAR said:

Where did you get the 19 wheels from?

They do work well with your paint colour. Well done. It's perfectly in keeping with the car. You can go very wrong with alloys but not with what you've done.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

The company was:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/360-Wheels

Very good service and fantastic comms though out ( am I alloud to post links on here?)

Just waiting for my rear spacers to arrive to help give the rear a slightly meaner look like my M5 where as the front sits fine.

Hi guys, my 15mm spacers for the rear arrived today and I am yet to fit them.

The kit seems fantastic quality but then they were not cheep at all, they come with the correct bolts Tec but one thing I have over looked which is the locking wheel nuts, I will not be able to reuse mine?

And ideas?

2 hours ago, RyanBuck said:

Hi guys, my 15mm spacers for the rear arrived today and I am yet to fit them.

The kit seems fantastic quality but then they were not cheep at all, they come with the correct bolts Tec but one thing I have over looked which is the locking wheel nuts, I will not be able to reuse mine?

And ideas?

Hi guys, as above the kit arrived today and I have to say the quality of the kit is very very good and fit very very nice.

This is the kit I bought:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262937491959&alt=web 

Here awesome pics with them fitted, sorry for the dirty car and wheels as done a few miles now.

I have not test drive the car yet but I can't see there being any issues.

I take it no one has had any issues with rubbing issues?

I am taking the car to get the tracking checked and adjusted tomorrow, I take it again this would not cause any issues?

I have emailed the supplier to see if he does any locking wheel nuts as I need 10mm longer ones for the rear now.

20170502_173644.jpg

20170502_173657.jpg

Edited by RyanBuck

Looks much better. In theory your wheels won't go anywhere near the arches as the airbags will not allow that. 

I purchased my longer locking bolts from McGuard. 

On 2017-5-2 at 8:05 PM, E39touring said:

Looks much better. In theory your wheels won't go anywhere near the arches as the airbags will not allow that. 

I purchased my longer locking bolts from McGuard. 

Got the tracking sorted today guys, all is setup as it should and drives like a dream.

Got my new locking bolts for the rear on order as well.

HI All

so can you confirm that alloys 350M staggered 9J are ok to fit at the rear ?

275 40 18 does the job and air suspension or anything else is not affected ?

I do have F11 2010 525D

thanks

25 minutes ago, blodix said:

HI All

so can you confirm that alloys 350M staggered 9J are ok to fit at the rear ?

275 40 18 does the job and air suspension or anything else is not affected ?

I do have F11 2010 525D

thanks

Hi pal, I am running the 351m alloys with the wider rubber at the rear and no problems on our f11 at all..

1 hour ago, blodix said:

Hi Ryan

do you have 19" ? as i was thinking to go maybe 18" ...

do you actually need those spacers as well?

kind regards

hi, I had 18 on min 350m but changed to the 351m which are 19 inch pal.

I uses them stock with no issues and then I put some spacers on the rear 15mm again no issue with a very good stance.

19 minutes ago, blodix said:

Hi

Did you had them staggered in the back on 350M? Wider in the back 275?

Regards 

no they were same size all round on the 18 but if you get 18" with the wider tyre on the rear as a 9j alloy then I really can't see you having any issues at all.

just to add as well even with the wider 9j on the rear and the spacer I had an air bag fail few months left and had to drive home with the rear of the car on the bump stops lol and still no issues at all.

Edited by RyanBuck

yea i know that pain , my failed as well while on holiday in europe LOL. but replaced two of them for new on 17" wheels :)

I'm looking now at 351M on ebay will see as all BMW catalogues dont recommend fitting 19" 9J 275 35 19 on the back of F11 really strange....

which year is yours F11?

2 minutes ago, blodix said:

yea i know that pain , my failed as well while on holiday in europe LOL. but replaced two of them for new on 17" wheels :)

I'm looking now at 351M on ebay will see as all BMW catalogues dont recommend fitting 19" 9J 275 35 19 on the back of F11 really strange....

which year is yours F11?

yep I had to go though all of this crap lol, it was a lot of money to blow on some alloys and was unsure if they would fit but I can confirm the 351m staggered alloys fit perfect, my f11 is a 2011

Very nice result! I underwent the same issues on my E39, wondering about he wide rears. In the end, i got some and they fitted like a dream!

Another +1 for RFT here. My F11 on 19" rims, RFTs and M suspension rides better than the car it replaced which was an E91 on 17" rims, non-RFT and SE suspension. IMHO, nothing like as good as a spare tyre but a lot better than nothing!