CV35Ian

Decent low mileage E39 540i Touring

6 posts in this topic

The adverts say finance available ...wonder how they can offer finance on that..at that age its outwith the car HP rules  ?

Edited by The Flying Banana

On phone it looks like badly photographed Black. What colour do you see the interior Ian?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

It's an SE but has the Sport seats in black. The steering wheel is the thinner 'Sport' one that's been retrimmed with the M Sport thumb grips and covered in perforated leather. The Dash top probably isn't worn, it's the glare of the sun when the photo was taken. The rear load cover looks quite decent actually, seen many more with evidence of more frays and marks on them. The pictures are relatively decent compared to many you see from car dealers on the usual sites, so perhaps worth a look in real life for anyone wanting an E39 540i Touring. 

Flying Banana - Plenty of used car dealers up and down the country are able to offer car finance. 

Cheers, Dennis!

finance on a car of this age? .. it used to be quite strict that the car had to be 10years or less when the finance agrreement ended ..times change maybe to encourage the buyer

I think the type of finance you would get would be a personal loan rather than traditional HP.  Arnold Clark use those loans all the time.  Gets them around the finance company checking the book price of the car too - the money is loaned to you and isn't secured on the car.  Can be useful if you want to sell the car and buy another one privately later on.