Anchefonk

Intravee causing EWS issues

6 posts in this topic

Hello folks. 

 

I ve been having a lot of problems with my intravee and the ews. If I connect the intravee in no more than 3-4 starts the car will not start.(crank but no ignition)

then i have to disconnect the intravee, and using INPA do a EWS calibration. If I leave the intravee disconnected everything is fine. 

I remember that I was playing with some of the extra features of intravee, like mirror folding, blinks, etc. 

May be one of this features is triggering a EWS fault or something that doesn't like to the EWS MODULE. 

For further info, if I leave the intravee connected, there are some modules that I have NO access with INPA (DSC for example). 

Whatk would you suggest?

 

everything was fine till I updated intravee and played with the extra features. 

 

Car is a Z4M e85. 

 

Regards. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disable extra features and use it like that for quite a while (10s of hours use) to ensure no problems.

 

 The items that create the most iBus diagnostic traffic are the lights.  So you could then enable extras but disable everything individually. Then enable things slowly one by one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/4/2017 at 1:57 PM, RichardP said:

Disable extra features and use it like that for quite a while (10s of hours use) to ensure no problems.

 

 The items that create the most iBus diagnostic traffic are the lights.  So you could then enable extras but disable everything individually. Then enable things slowly one by one.

Hi Richard,

 

Thank you for your answer. I deactivated all the extras. So far 5 good consecutive starts. 

Will keep it that way some more time before enabling the extras (1 by 1)


Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you enable extras again, run it for a while with all extras specifically disabled.  

 

Due to the way the light control message works, it needs to know various bits of information, like the cluster dimmer level.  The only way to get these is to request them from the LCM every time the light status changes.  

 

So,  with the latest build you may find that just enabling extras causes the problem again, even if you're not using anything.  If that's the case I can change the code so that the status is only requested if anything is enabled that uses the status.

 

It is odd that the EWS is reacting in this way, as the Intravee does not send anything to the EWS address.  I'll be quite interested to see what's causing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RichardP said:

When you enable extras again, run it for a while with all extras specifically disabled.  

 

Due to the way the light control message works, it needs to know various bits of information, like the cluster dimmer level.  The only way to get these is to request them from the LCM every time the light status changes.  

 

So,  with the latest build you may find that just enabling extras causes the problem again, even if you're not using anything.  If that's the case I can change the code so that the status is only requested if anything is enabled that uses the status.

 

It is odd that the EWS is reacting in this way, as the Intravee does not send anything to the EWS address.  I'll be quite interested to see what's causing this.

Sure its odd.. I was getting crazy. 

All started when I had my DSC pump failure. I couldn't access de DSC in INPA. Neither could anyone. Finally, a friend suggested to remove all the extra gadgets (Parrot and intravee) after that I had access to all the modules.

After recoding a new DSC unit, I did an intravee update. I saw some new features and I gave them a try... Thats when the EWS started to complain.

I removed the intravee, and found out that it was the cause for the EWS malfunction.

It will be good to keep a log with the extras, what happens when I activate each.

 

Why was intravee preventing access to some of the modules? thats another issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anchefonk said:

Why was intravee preventing access to some of the modules? thats another issue.

Probably related.  The diagnostic device probably got confused by diagnostic messages coming from the Intravee.  I've considered adding something that temporarily prevents the Intravee sending diag messages if it sees a diag message that it's not sent.  If you can easily reproduce that behaviour, it would be good to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now