Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
535iAR

General Election 8th June

427 posts in this topic

Oh. I just read that the EU welcomes the UK's acceptance of the "four freedoms". As one is freedom of movement, it is not surprising that they will make a deal. What on earth has Mavis been up to?

Edit: Answer my own question. Nothing. Rather silly of me to think she had pulled a rabbit out of a hat

Edited by whiskychaser

7 hours ago, Paddy O'Furniture said:

You could say that the EU was the corner shop and the rest of the world was Tesco's.

Well if that's the case we're going to be running a market stall. 

JoeHorner likes this

Well, Diane Abbot has done a fantastic job of pointing out what a total joke the Labour Party have become. They really do seem to be trying very hard to make themselves completely unelectable for the foreseeable future. 

Nomis likes this

It seems pretty clear that we are not going to get the same deal outside the EU as in. Fair enough. Where is the better deal coming from then? German papers suggest Mavis is on another planet. Maybe it is coming from there?

JoeHorner likes this

Well, Diane Abbot has done a fantastic job of pointing out what a total joke the Labour Party have become. They really do seem to be trying very hard to make themselves completely unelectable for the foreseeable future. 

Indeed, and Corbyn didn't help when said he wasn't embarrassed at all. He bloody well should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard the interview earlier being repeated on R4. I wish the Labour Party would stop it.......my sides are killing me

They are way funnier than yes prime minister.

3 hours ago, kobayashi said:

The trouble is, apart from the piss poor presentation (I've never been an Abbot fan incidentally), the figures do actually make sense.  A cost of £700 million over 5 years out of an expected £2.7 billion raised by reversing the "capital-gains-tax-cut-for-the-rich" is peanuts really.

Unfortunately is seems much of the electorate is far more concerned about polished performances than actual policies.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/02/beneath-diane-abbott-police-funding-gaffes-labour-numbers-make-sense?CMP=share_btn_fb

The problem is that they look like a bunch of cretins. You couldn't trust them to make a cup of tea let alone run the country. 

I wish they were up to the job. I'd love there to be an alternative to the conservatives. We have no credible opposition and that is a bad position for all of us to be in regardless of our politics. 

pidgeonpost, Nomis and urquattro like this

We need the Labour Party to get their house in order and provide a credible opposition but it's plainly obvious that while JC surrounds himself with his incompetent friends that cannot happen.

Up until the announcement of the Election they just looke like cretins but with every day and interview that passes they are removing every doubt. I am sure there are intelligent and competent people in the Labour Parliamentary Party but they are being stifled and kept at bay by the dictatorial friends of JC.

Maybe the liberals are the only credible opposition if they could garner the numbers. Labour just seems to be saying what they think people want to here. More spending on this more spending on that. Moneys got to come from somewhere borrowing or tax rise?

Conservatives have a remain leader now pushing for brexit and the Eu laughing at her.

It's all screwed.

I done a quick google on trade exports on Saturday and since 2007 we have done more outside the single market, and I wrote some other stuff.  This is said with jest: Then it dawned on me that people will dig more holes into my arguments regarding trade therefore I decided not to post – this was why I didn’t reply several days ago.

However Diane Abbott lied because she said it was her seventh interview. This is not true she had 5 interviews and 2 clips today, and this was the third interview.

I think the EU are scared, playing hard ball, and just testing us.  I am fuming with the bureaucrats of the EU of their fearmongering and using nasty and dirty tactics.

However people still trust May more than Corbyn to run the NHS better

BTW: May kick Juncker where it hurts 

Karl likes this

It's fairly obvious that you can't trust Theresa May at all when it comes to running the NHS so I'm not sure where that leaves Corbyn. 

I think the EU are scared, playing hard ball, and just testing us.  I am fuming with the bureaucrats of the EU of their fearmongering and using nasty and dirty tactics.

UK: We want a rebate on the fees

EU: OK

UK: We don't want to be in the Euro

UK: We don't want to be in Shengen

UK: We want a restriction on benefits until people have worked here for some time

UK: We want to stop child benefit being paid for children who aren't in the UK

UK: We want to kick out people who come here but don't work and can't afford to support themselves

EU: That's fine, you already can

UK: We want loads of preferential treatment that other countries don't get

EU: Errr, can't really give that without everyone agreeing

UK: Don't give us what we want and we'll leave

EU: That's a bit of an over reaction, but your choice

UK: OK we're leaving

EU: Bye then

UK: Now we're leaving, we want all the things we had before

EU: Errr, no, it doesn't work like that

UK: Don't give us what we want and we'll leave with nothing

EU: (Scratches head) OK, umm, well, yeah

UK: We're serious, we'll walk away with nothing to teach you a lesson

EU: Bye (again)

27 minutes ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

[May's negotiating strategy]

You know, I had real respect for you Hotbox, until I read this and realised that you must work in No 10.

HotboxDeluxe likes this

1 hour ago, HotboxDeluxe said:

UK: Now we're leaving, we want all the things we had before

EU: Errr, no, it doesn't work like that

UK: Don't give us what we want and we'll leave with nothing

EU: (Scratches head) OK, umm, well, yeah

UK: We're serious, we'll walk away with nothing to teach you a lesson

EU: Bye (again)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/05/02/belgian-finance-minister-warns-eu-change-die/

Karl likes this

"The EU is an undemocratic dictatorship and I look forward to seeing it collapse, vote *insert far-right dog-whistler du jour* today!"

"The EU needs to change or it will fall apart"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AD6DC8B2-616D-444F-97EE-979037F8AB31_zps5wwliihr.jpg&key=d8a837d6eb8ac16abfddef1879334fd60910f0cede1ecd8e04bc365bdc662bdd

Ha, that's brilliant - like a coalition of all the other parties which have nothing in common except not being Tories is going to provide better leadership.